Author Topic: Spotted Some Kymcos in Italy  (Read 1395 times)

Oldscoot

• View Profile
Spotted Some Kymcos in Italy
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:06:03 PM »
I just returned from two weeks in Italy. It had been a long time since I was there last and at that earlier time I was not interested in scooters.  This visit I was happily overwhelmed by the swarm of scooters I saw.  I did not do a scientific survey but I believe the larger wheeled Honda SH series seriously dominate the market – followed by larger wheeled Piaggios.  Oddly –traditional Vespas did not seem to have that big a big market share.  I saw a number of 500s in Rome and Florence and Florence probably had a good Kymco dealer because I also saw a number of DT 300s and People 200s and 300s.  I really enjoyed seeing the numerous makes and models not available in the U.S.  The rarest scooter I saw was a Gilera 800.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Spotted Some Kymcos in Italy
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:07:52 AM »
The top 3 best selling scooter in Italy are:  Honda Italia SH 300, Honda Italia SH 150, and last but not the least.... the Honda Italia SH 125....  ;)

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »
Vivo - that confirms what I thought was the situation.  I was searching for a Xciting 400 but could not find one.  The Gilera 800 was awesome - much more compact than I had envisioned.     

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »
This is a picture of a small gathering of scooters in a parking lot in Sorrento.  On the coast near the Vespa factory I estimate that I saw at least 500 scooters lined up for shipping. 

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 07:38:23 PM »
I have a kymco super 8 4t 50cc the reason why i bought was the good looking
and im proud of it , my kymco destroys any fuc**** scooters in my city for
good looking !
But after i rode a honda sh125i , damn there was so much power
upside i could go with 60 km/h  (37mph)
and with my kymco i can run faster :p
honda sh is definetly a good choice except bad looking there is much power for 125cc
and honda lasts way longer than any kymco ever made !
Btw Italy makes best scooters around the world , so im very surprised that my kymco comes from italy too :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()