Author Topic: 12000km service, everything has broken at once :( Rollers, clutch and belt  (Read 1392 times)

grazo22

• View Profile
My scooter is soon up for it's 12000km service and I want to make sure I have everything done just to keep it in great condition.

I thought this until recently when everything started to go wrong. Started to notice a slight slack in the head bearings so thats great. I can do that, cheap parts, just time.

The clutch has also gone haywire and has developed a horrible biting habit where it judders then suddenly grabs. Idle is very erratic and bumpy and the automatic choke is on for about 1 min even on these hot days, with the back wheel spinning, it drove its self off the side stand the other day only to be caught by a very lucky catch.

Oil, air, fuel filters and all the other stuff listed that I should do on that service is fine but I do want to make my bike a little better for the motorway cruise. I want to get Dr Pulley Rollers, 14x18 I know that but I want good top speed and don't want to loose any acceleration.

Also would you recommend a racing clutch as I am also going to be replacing this at the same time and the drive belt <-- any particular make and model.

Bike is in need of a major service so I can ride to school with piece of mind then sell it  ::)

TIA for any advice
Scooters are designed to be thrashed, you might as well test the design out :D

Always on the top speed run ;P

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()