Author Topic: Top speed not too shabby  (Read 1746 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Top speed not too shabby
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:29:07 PM »
At 2300 miles on the engine I wanted to find out my top speed. On a straight and level road I was able to get the Like up to just over 60 mph. Once the scoot hit 55 mph it took some time to reach 60 mph. Not a bad top speed considering the weight of the bike and my 215 lbs of solid muscles.   ::) ;) ;D

I'll have to try that with a GPS to get a more accurate value.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Top speed not too shabby
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
I agree Trout, that seems to be the top end speed. The best thing about the scoot's performance now is how smooth the engine is. Riding in traffic is a kick because the F/I makes the engine so tractible and of course the CVT trans. I was concerned about not having a shifty when I started checking out scooters to buy but the trans works great! Love the LIKE.

Len ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 04:30:50 AM »
Yep. I have a little over 1700 miles on mine. Cruises very nicely a 55, goes up to 60 pretty quickly and tops out at an indicated 62-63 mph. It's a sweet scoot for the money. Goes as fast as Vespa 150 for less than half the price.
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 05:15:35 AM »
The engine definitely gets better with age. It's very smooth for a single cylinder. I find cruising between 25 and 50 is the scooters sweet spot. The engine and exhaust just hums along. Above that and it gets throaty. It never really sounds like its straining.

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:36:27 AM »
Nice post.  I agree with everyone here.  Sure it would be great to hit 65 quickly etc, but when you add up all the features of the this scoot, it is a hard argument to beat that this is one great scoot.  Mine loves 40-50 and since the belt replacement, has really begun to open up and show it's nice torque. FYI- I must have had a bad belt, as there has slippage and chirping for the first ten min or so when first ridden. Tons of black "soot" inside trans case).  A new Malossi kevlar fixed everything (I hope...so far so good). The more I ride the more I love it.  Enjoy and be safe!

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 02:50:27 AM »
You know..the cool thing about these answers is that the top speed is not all that important. We all love the way it runs and feels. Speed is secondary. There are a lot of scoots out there that will go faster, but so what? I don't think 163cc's are meant for racing anyway. It's the fun that counts - not the speed. So love your Like.
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 03:11:06 AM »
You know..the cool thing about these answers is that the top speed is not all that important. We all love the way it runs and feels. Speed is secondary. There are a lot of scoots out there that will go faster, but so what? I don't think 163cc's are meant for racing anyway. It's the fun that counts - not the speed. So love your Like.

Right! I only did a top speed run about once or twice... just to test really... after that, I just scoot around at 40-50mph...smooooth.... As a matter of fact, I can out run a Ferrari in our busy city streets....  ;D

ckgonska

• View Profile
Top speed not too shabby
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 10:29:11 PM »
My like tops out around 60. Run it at that speed every time I take it to work.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 11:50:01 PM »
I thought I was going too fast for the break-in period - then I realized I was looking a KPH. not MPH!
87 miles on the odometer so far! (changed the fluids a few evenings ago)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()