Author Topic: Blackbeard's 2012 GTi300! Upgrades & Pics!  (Read 4332 times)

Blackbeard

• View Profile
Blackbeard's 2012 GTi300! Upgrades & Pics!
« on: April 12, 2013, 04:18:48 AM »
I finally had a chance to get some work done on my GTi this week, and here is the end result.

Upgrades:

- Biondi Windshield
- Givi E370 Trunk
- StreetGlo Decals
- Flag Decals
- Guardian Bells

StreetGlo Decals:

Front - Day:

Front - Night:

Left - Day:

Left - Night:

Right - Day:

Right - Night:

Rear - Day:

Rear - Night:

I've got some Blue Pinstripe from StreetGlo, and plan on following the Outline of the Fairing & Floorboard, to let it be seen better at night.  I'll be adding a Speed Stripe Decal Kit to my 3/4 & Modular Helmets, in the same type pattern as my Scoot.

The Givi Trunk was a bit time consuming to install, but after Drilling 4 Holes in the Kymco's Rear Rack, it eventually came together.

The Biondi Windshield was fairly easy, after I figured out what parts went where.  The Factory Instructions only had 2 or 3 words of English, so the Pics helped more than anything.  I did write up a, "HOW TO", for the Windshield, to help the next Biondi-Installer. 
It's located in this Forum & Topic area.

Anyway, there it is!  Tomorrow's supposed to be warmer and dry, so I'll see if I can sneak in a Ride in the afternoon!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue until Morale improves"!

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Blackbeard's 2012 GTi300! Upgrades & Pics!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »
  Looking good blackbeard. I have a silver GTI with a Biondi windshield, Shad SH40 cargo topbox, and black &blue reflective graphics.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:35:26 AM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i AB

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 02:12:17 AM »
I use this black reflective tape on my black Super 8.   During the day, it blends with the color of my scoot because it's black but when light hits on it especially at night time, it turns to bright silver or white.... 

3M Scotchlite black reflective tape

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:17:09 AM by Vivo »

Blackbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
Vivo!

That's good stuff!

I use the StreetGlo Graphics Black Speed Blocks on my Zuma 125, which do the same thing.  More visibility at Night is KEY!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

DoubleSC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 02:21:42 AM »
Wow, looks sharp Blackbeard!!

Some day after I finally spring for a GT300i, I was thinking to do something similar (but probably in red).  In searching for Streetglo-like decals, did you happen to come by any that were red in the day, and white at night?  I don't think Streetglo had that combo.

Thanks,
DSC

Blackbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:14:40 AM »
Wow, looks sharp Blackbeard!!

Some day after I finally spring for a GT300i, I was thinking to do something similar (but probably in red).  In searching for Streetglo-like decals, did you happen to come by any that were red in the day, and white at night?  I don't think Streetglo had that combo.

Thanks,
DSC

DSC!

The only other Reflective Graphic Company I've got Bookmarked, is:

http://www.reflectivelyyours.com/homepage.html

I only see about 6 colors on their selection.  I'm not aware of any other Reflective Graphics Companies that may offer these.

If I may suggest, take another look at the StreetGlo.Net site and:

1.  From the "HOME" Page, scroll down and look for the Helmets, and the Link, "Reflective Decals".  Click on it.

2.  On the new page, scroll down to "Speed Stripes" Helmet Graphics.  You'll see the Blue Graphics Sheet Layout in the middle of the page.

3.  Scroll down a bit more on the same page, until you see the "Speed Stripes Accent Upgrade Kit".  The "YELLOW" part of the Decal Sheet, is the Accent, while the "BLUE" part of the Decal Sheet, would be the Speed Stripes Sheet you selected above under the "Speed Stripes" section.

Now..... with that in mind..... you could order the Speed Stripes Kit in "Super Black", which would reflect "White".  Then, order the Speed Stripes Accent Upgrade Kit in "Red", that would overlay the "Super Black" Kit.

During the Day, you'd see the Red Reflective Graphics, with a Black Accent Trim, and at night, you'd see the Red Reflective Graphics with a White Reflective Accent Trim.

Another idea you might try, is the Pin Stripe Tape.  You could try the same Color-Combo, since they offer Tape in a variety of sizes, from 1/10th" through 3", with all Rolls being 37.5" Long, and they have DIY Sheets that are 24"x4"/6"/10".

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
looks good Blackbeard
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
What are Guardian Bells?. Is that like a Guardian Angel?.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Blackbeard

• View Profile
Re: looks good Blackbeard
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »
What are Guardian Bells?. Is that like a Guardian Angel?.

Kind of!

Here's the Story behind Guardian Bells.....

http://helmetsetc.com/legend-bell.asp

I've got them on both of my Scooters, my Wife on her Scooter, and we both have them in our cars as well.

Superstitious, some might say?  Well, some folks carry a Rabbit's Foot in their pocket for Good Luck, however, it wasn't so Lucky for the Rabbit, was it?  I'll stick with the Bells! 

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

BillAggie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 03:40:12 AM »
DSC!

If I may suggest, take another look at the www.streetglo.net site and:

1.  From the "HOME" Page, scroll down and look for the Helmets, and the Link, "Reflective Decals".  Click on it.

2.  On the new page, scroll down to "Speed Stripes" Helmet Graphics.  You'll see the Blue Graphics Sheet Layout in the middle of the page.

3.  Scroll down a bit more on the same page, until you see the "Speed Stripes Accent Upgrade Kit".  The "YELLOW" part of the Decal Sheet, is the Accent, while the "BLUE" part of the Decal Sheet, would be the Speed Stripes Sheet you selected above under the "Speed Stripes" section.

Now..... with that in mind..... you could order the Speed Stripes Kit in "Super Black", which would reflect "White".  Then, order the Speed Stripes Accent Upgrade Kit in "Red", that would overlay the "Super Black" Kit.

During the Day, you'd see the Red Reflective Graphics, with a Black Accent Trim, and at night, you'd see the Red Reflective Graphics with a White Reflective Accent Trim.

Another idea you might try, is the Pin Stripe Tape.  You could try the same Color-Combo, since they offer Tape in a variety of sizes, from 1/10th" through 3", with all Rolls being 37.5" Long, and they have DIY Sheets that are 24"x4"/6"/10".

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

BB

Blackbeard, This is Bill with streetglo.  The photos look fantastic!   Your bike looks great with the SpeedBlocks installed.  I like seeing how folks choose to apply these graphics and you did a fine job!

On some items, you can get also reflective Maroon and Reflective Purple.    I saw a user mentioning a red tape that reflects white.  Unfortunately the only dual color material is the superblack (our brandname) which is black in daylight but white under reflection.   However all other colors reflect the same as the day color, ie: red = reflective red at night, and so on.

The only exception is the regular reflective black which reflects a gold tone white at night, and about 30% less reflective than superblack.

Anyhow, the photos look great here on this forum.   Glad to see what you have done!

Bill Aggie, Streetglo Decals

P.S.  Your choice for reflective blue is a plus.  My experience is that reflective blue is among the best colors for safety because it triggers the "police/patrol car" safety mindset when we see illuminated blue on the highway at night.  I use mostly blue or at least some blue always when I really want the maximum safety aspect at night.   Good choice!  Not sure if you picked blue just because it was the right color, but it was, in my personal opinion, the best choice.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:43:54 AM by BillAggie »

Blackbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 04:30:49 AM »
Blackbeard, This is Bill with streetglo.  The photos look fantastic!   Your bike looks great with the SpeedBlocks installed.  I like seeing how folks choose to apply these graphics and you did a fine job!

On some items, you can get also reflective Maroon and Reflective Purple.    I saw a user mentioning a red tape that reflects white.  Unfortunately the only dual color material is the superblack (our brandname) which is black in daylight but white under reflection.   However all other colors reflect the same as the day color, ie: red = reflective red at night, and so on.

The only exception is the regular reflective black which reflects a gold tone white at night, and about 30% less reflective than superblack.

Anyhow, the photos look great here on this forum.   Glad to see what you have done!

Bill Aggie, Streetglo Decals

P.S.  Your choice for reflective blue is a plus.  My experience is that reflective blue is among the best colors for safety because it triggers the "police/patrol car" safety mindset when we see illuminated blue on the highway at night.  I use mostly blue or at least some blue always when I really want the maximum safety aspect at night.   Good choice!  Not sure if you picked blue just because it was the right color, but it was, in my personal opinion, the best choice.

WOW!  Thanks Bill!  Your comments are greatly appreciated!  Also, thanks for the info on the Super Black and Black differences, as well as the availability of Maroon & Purple.

As for my "BLUE" Color Selection for my GTi300..... well..... that was pretty easy!  My Zuma 125 is Blue, and I've got Blue Decals on my Black Helmets..... and my Armored Jacket is Blue!  Generally, on a Black Bike, I would have added Yellow Decals.  However, I didn't in this case, as I didn't want to go out and buy a Yellow Jacket at $200+.    I like the pattern I ended up with on my 2-Scoots, Black Decals on my Blue Scoot, and Blue Decals on my Black Scoot! 

Thanks again!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()