Author Topic: Back brakes  (Read 1294 times)

blue

• View Profile
Back brakes
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:50:30 PM »
took the back brakes of today was going to just get new . But they dont look bad at all so I took sandpapper the theam and cleaned up the drums and fliped theam around the other way works good Ill get a few extra miles on theses. I might get threw this summer I hope . for those trying to save a buck give it a try befor buying new.

woodcutter

• View Profile
Re: Back brakes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »
yes, you're right. I took rear wheel off to check pads but it look ok for 30.000km+
just sandpaper on pads and brake cleaner+sandpaper on drums and it's fine for another 30.000km
but I noticed final reduction oil on brakes. a little bit, so I see it's time for some new oil seals and one bearing inside final reduction...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 01:46:26 PM »
yes, you're right. I took rear wheel off to check pads but it look ok for 30.000km+
just sandpaper on pads and brake cleaner+sandpaper on drums and it's fine for another 30.000km
but I noticed final reduction oil on brakes. a little bit, so I see it's time for some new oil seals and one bearing inside final reduction...

good luck with the seals. I heard they can be a pain to replace and not done carefully you will have more proplems later. I f I ever have to do that thats when the scoot goes to the shop.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »
It s not problem. I done some oil seals. problem are bearings. I got to buy bearing pullers to pull worn bearings out. thing is to heat case and to cool bearings in freezer and it slide in easily. seals are easy to remove and easy to install with socket, but need to put some grese on it to seal propperly

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()