Author Topic: Run on starter problem  (Read 1156 times)

tiewarrior

• View Profile
Run on starter problem
« on: April 04, 2013, 02:56:28 PM »
OK so I have a 2010 Yager and only rode it about 800 miles when I started to experience an issue with the starter. It would not stop trying to turn over. I removed the key and nothing, sucker was still trying to turn on. Looked at the Manual and found the starter Solenoid. It's referred to as "SET START MAG" Im not sure why, but I worked as a service tech for Chrystler and Ford and this part in an automobile is known as a starter Solenoid. I ordered one online and Replaced it. since I could not have done it with out the help of this forum, I am posting a write up on how to change the "SET START MAG" Kymco part number 35850-KHD8-900.

First remove the battery. I'm not going to cover that.

Next remove the under seat trunk (Four 10mm bolts)

once you have the Trunk unbolted, slowly remove the trunk, un-clip the trunk light, and remove the trunk.

Next locate the Solonoid next to the battery compartment

The solenoid is wired into a protective boot right under the solenoid. Unclip the boot tie and roll the boot back. You will see the solenoid connection. Unclip the connection.

The solenoid is attached to the chassis through a rubber mount that the solenoid is warpped in. Remove the two 10 mm bolts and the solenoid slides right up.

To re install follow steps in reverse.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Run on starter problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
Good article! You need to rewrite most of the Kymco Owner's and Service manuals. Good pictures!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()