Author Topic: Kymco Rumored To Build BMW Hybrid Car Motor For i3  (Read 1885 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kymco Rumored To Build BMW Hybrid Car Motor For i3
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »
http://gas2.org/2013/03/23/kymco-to-build-bmw-i3-extended-range-hybrid-engine/

Taiwanese scooter-builder Kymco will be responsible for BMW’s upcoming i3 extended-range electric car, according to reports circulating in the media this week.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Rumored To Build BMW Hybrid Car Motor For i3
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
If Kymco continues to do engines/parts for big names, the downside might be that Kymco will gain strong popularity and status and they may now have the confidence in raising prices of Kymco scooters...

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:00:07 PM »
Vivo: That already have with their Taiwanese-built scooters. To a lesser extent their Chinese-built units.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 03:45:16 AM »
Or on the other hand, BMW's reputation as "German" with "German Engineering" hopefully won't be affected by being a mixed breed having Asian parts, especially the heart of the vehicle which is the engine.  I am aware that BMW and other European or even American vehicles use parts made in Asia, but these are smaller parts like brake pads, filters, screws, nuts and bolts, panels, etc.  This doesnt bother a lot of consumers.... but by supplying the whole engine is a different story. Hope they won't stamp a Kymco logo on the engine..Lol!   

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()