Author Topic: 07 s50 4t  (Read 1058 times)

Drollyd

• View Profile
07 s50 4t
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:09:40 PM »
Hi there fellas
I'm having an issue with the scoot i just bought...when i first got it ran fine all though it seemed it little cold blooded died on me at a stop light started right back up but when i gave it some throttle it would die. finally got it started and got it home only.to.notice that the kick start had broken the left side crank case cover. So i bought a new one changed the oil and the air element, and now it won't start. Turns over but that's the most i can get it to do. So i then changed theplugfor the hell of it, the old one had gas on it still won't fire. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: 07 s50 4t
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
Well if it had gas on it then it must be an electrical problem. You changed the plug so all that's
left is the coil and wire or the CDI. You can check the coil with a meter both sides should have
continuity. Make sure the plug has the right cap to, to make connection with the end of the coil
(some have the screw on bullet and some are just threads). CDI's do die on occasion and new
ones can be found cheap (on EBAY) just get one with the same number of pins...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Drollyd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:56:33 PM »
What happens if i do indeed have spark? then what direction do i go? Im not real familiar with 4strokes I come from a FA 50...

Drollyd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
Have spark, fresh gas no ignition turns over once and hesitates then turns over again not sure if its supposed to do that because when the plug is out it constantly turns over without stopping...please help!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()