Author Topic: New Malossi Multivar variator...52 mph..woo-hoo!...however...  (Read 1579 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
I'm kinda new at upgrading my scooter...agility, and I bought it new in 08...just tripped 30,000 kilometers last week...I had ordered a Malossi Multivar variator...like 9 weeks ago..it came in Monday...My drive belt broke Sunday...So I get me a belt from the local bike shop and proceed to tear into this thing...My original variator was SHOT!!!...rollers flat and one was worn nearly in half!...I install the new one and the new belt, but I don't have the tool to dis-assemble the clutch in order to swap out the big spring..(a white spring came with the Multivar kit)...I have excellent initial take-off...and I saw what should be 52 mph down a moderate decline...(of course the speedometer only registers 50)..though i seem to feel a ..."Slip"..or hesitation to accelerate through the mid-range speeds, from about 25 to 40 mph..also during this period, i hear a "rattling" noise...the noise is not audible during initial take-off or after I surpass @ 45 mph...My questions are...What's the purpose of the longer clutch spring, and does anybody have an idea what the "rattle" might be???...and does anybody think that the spring might eliminate the noise...

..since then, I made a tool to replace the spring...did that, and now it only rattles around 40-44mph...but it's LOUD!!....I also forgot to mention that the variator came with 9 gr rollers...it's actually foe 2strokes i think...

peace

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:22:33 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()