Author Topic: Kymco zx50 super fever 50-60 mph free modification  (Read 50366 times)

theaggravatedjew

• View Profile
Re: Kymco zx50 super fever 50-60 mph free modification
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2013, 02:30:54 PM »
I will try that, still have not sent it back yet. @ the price I was hoping not to have to mod the mods.... I should know better by now. 

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2013, 11:50:53 PM »
Boss length should be 34 mm but no shorter !

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2013, 03:02:46 PM »
All you have to do is mark the drive face and see how far the belt is riding up it. Not far enough either you arent going fast enough or the boss is too wide/tall/long and wont allow it fully close and force the belt in the front to ride high as it needs and doesnt allow the rear pulley to drop into over drive.
Everytime I do any trans work I always mark my variator face and look at it again after 20 miles.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
All you have to do is mark the drive face and see how far the belt is riding up it. Not far enough either you arent going fast enough or the boss is too wide/tall/long and wont allow it fully close and force the belt in the front to ride high as it needs and doesnt allow the rear pulley to drop into over drive.
Everytime I do any trans work I always mark my variator face and look at it again after 20 miles.

A black permanent marker pen I'd ideal for this. Most variators have a little groove worn into them where the belt hits its max. Just ink above this, right up to the outer edge of the variator. Then reassemble and take it for a spin.

theaggravatedjew

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2013, 03:51:18 AM »
Sweet.  Thanks.  I have a boss on the way, my cdi is here.  Then Ill mark up the variator.  The stock belt is a much tighter fit than the belt on my ruckus.  Is that a 2 stroke thing?

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »
The shock belt Is tight, but that's what you want for the highest gearing. The bando is expensive but its worth it. I've hit a ceiling here with my sons zx50. It just won't go any faster than 63mph...or perhaps we just need a steeper hill? Who knows? The Isle of Man TT is only 30 days away and we are still hoping either the 32nd- windy corner or Kate's to the Creg, will give us an indicated 65 :-)

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2013, 07:40:09 AM »
So, mr aggravated Jew, how have you been getting in with your scoot?
I've taken the right hand rear fairing off mine and applied black silicone sealant around the stator cover. I'm fed up of water getting in and causing the scoot to fail. Touch wood, but no failures since its application !
Just 17 days now until the big trip to the Isle of Man !

theaggravatedjew

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:42 AM »
So, mr aggravated Jew, how have you been getting in with your scoot?
I've taken the right hand rear fairing off mine and applied black silicone sealant around the stator cover. I'm fed up of water getting in and causing the scoot to fail. Touch wood, but no failures since its application !
Just 17 days now until the big trip to the Isle of Man !

Well I got scooter assassins boss in the mail, and it is the same size as the one that came with the jasil variator.  The jasil works fine with the stock back plate.  Cdi is also from SA and installed.  I forgot to look and see if my exhaust is restricted by a washer....  Speed is about 50mph indicated, maybe a little more or if I can go on a longer straight away, so Im guessing thats about 45 if I were to confirm.  Oddly I seem terrible off the line so I have some more weights coming to play with.  I do not have the tools to shave the drive boss so that will be a ways off for me.

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2013, 07:02:00 AM »
You must have a neighbour with a bench grinder? I'm guessing you are in the us or the uk?

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »
If youre going to shave it down use a belt sander turned over  upside down. A bench grinder will be a little harder to use.

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »
If youre going to shave it down use a belt sander turned over  upside down. A bench grinder will be a little harder to use.

Good advice, or alternatively use the side wall of the grinding stone. It's nice and flat. Remember to keep checking the ground edge to make sure it's nice and flush.
A lathe or milling machine is the best way.

At 34 mil the kickstart spigot only just reaches the teeth on the outer variator. If your outer variator teeth are worn ( as mine are ) a tiny washer placed on the main shaft right behind the full variator assembly makes for a better contact when using the kick start

SUNDECKA

• Madden Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
have u ever binded ur belt up on the starter teeth after 55mph wot..only happens when goin up hill from full speed..
boss at 34mm has made it happen to my scoot in the past..

much faster,,For sure

dependable,not sure

"ONE LESS CAR"

2012 super 8 2t

200? ZX 50 super flu

2010 sunny 50 4t...10.000+miles

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »
Never had that happen, but then again I run starterless, that bendix just interupts cooling airs flow. Let it be free! I could see it happening tho.

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2013, 08:16:16 AM »
The zx50 made it to the Isle of Man and back. The long haul over the mountain was slow but following my son down towards creg ny baa he hit a solid 60 mph. The bike is back in north east England now and I've leaned the mixture ever so slightly since its return. With only the slightest incline it's regularly hitting 60 mph now. We are planning a final speed test today though ;)

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2013, 03:54:50 PM »

Prior to speed test
Removed spark plug, cleaned and gapped to 0.9mil and refitted.
Removed the air filter, washed it gently in a small bowl of gasoline.
Wrung it out gently. Dipped it in two stoke oil then wrung out the excess gently.
Refitted air filter.

took the bike out and got it hot.
It must be hot before moving onto the next stage !

With the engine running, Park the bike on its centre stand on a block of wood to lift the rear wheel.
Locate the carburettor on the left hand side if the bike.

There are two screws located close together on it.
The highest one ( and the largest) is the idle. The lower is the air.

Turn the upper one fully clockwise (this allows more fuel in and your engine speed should rise)
Next turn the lower screw fully clockwise (to block the air) then turn it counter clockwise one full turn quickly to prevent the engine from stalling.

Continue turning the air screw counter clockwise and listen to the engine revs. Your aim is to make the engine rev as high as possible. Small adjustments of a quarter of a turn work well here, pausing for up to twenty seconds between adjustments to listen to engine speed.

eventually you allow too much air in and the revs will start to drop. You will then have to turn the air screw back the other way.
adjustments at this point can be very small, as little as 1/8 th of a turn. Find the spot where the bike revs highest..THEN turn the air screw 1/8 of a turn clockwise ( this is important as it makes the mixture slightly rich)
It's unlikely the revs will drop, but if they do, it will be something of nothing.
(i turn clockwise in very, very small increments until I hear just the slightest drop in speed)

Now turn the upper screw counter clockwise until the engine rev speed falls back down to regular tickover level.

Your mixture and tickover are now set. If the bike stalls in future then just turn the upper screw an eighth of a turn until it idles without stalling

Bike was taken to an undisclosed location in North Yorkshire
An indicated 64 mph

I'm gonna try refitting the iridium plug and leaning out the mixture a tad more
It will be some feat to hit 65mph on a genuine 49cc scoot, but the target is now in sight!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()