Author Topic: This Is The Third Time  (Read 1366 times)

fshfindr

• View Profile
This Is The Third Time
« on: December 13, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
Yes, it is the third time that my battery cable got loose preventing me from taking a ride.  The last time I put a wrench on it and tightened it so that it could never come loose again.  Well it did.  This time before tightening it I doused it with thread locker by Permatex.  Hopefully, they will stay tight this time.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

DaveABQ

• View Profile
Re: This Is The Third Time
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:50:03 AM »
one thing you can do is add a lock washer, it may need a slightly longer bolt if it doesn't reach since you still need a flat washer behind the lock washer

bigalsnow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 03:22:16 AM »
My guess is the angle of which you tighten the cables are rubbing against the battery tray area.  When you ride the rubbing on the tray is bumping the cables loose, no matter how tight they are.  Make sure the cables are not rubbing anywhere in the tray area.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »
My guess is the angle of which you tighten the cables are rubbing against the battery tray area.  When you ride the rubbing on the tray is bumping the cables loose, no matter how tight they are.  Make sure the cables are not rubbing anywhere in the tray area.

i agree....i also added a lock washer to mine, can't remember if I changed to a longer bolt or no

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:10:46 AM »
   when something comes loose, I switch to a lock nut , and permatex,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()