Author Topic: it's been awhile  (Read 1496 times)

sjb9989

• View Profile
it's been awhile
« on: December 01, 2012, 03:10:18 AM »
Weather is warming up :D
Going to ride!!!
Never look back, because someone my pass you.
          Proud owner 2009 Xciting 500r

Syl

• View Profile
Re: it's been awhile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:37:56 PM »
5 days ago the sun was out bright but only 42 degrees and I wanted to ride...which I did. I was warm all over being dressed well and the only area I felt the cold was in the neck and jaw. I felt it to be not a problem therefore riding about for about 2 hours. Adding here that prior the ride, I had a bit of a sniffle but not being  bothering as a cold. Anyway, the next day I was really sick, congestion, coughing sneezing and all the aches and all that goes with it. Well, even now I am weak, tired and sort of dopy !! My conclusion, maybe at my age, I better wait for the much warmer days to ride. Some say one doesn't get a cold or flu from being out in the cold as I was but I no longer believe that. I put the bike in the garage, trickle charge on and it will stay there until well....warm weather in the spring.

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »
The Houston summer can be brutal. I can remember week after week of 100 degree weather and it can remain hot into late October. Yesterday it was over 80.  Our reward is winter. It's a bit nippy in the early morning but it almost always reaches the high 60s to high 70s by late morning and into the afternoon.  It's the time all local bike riders of all types come alive. We've got a calendar full of rides from local club rides to the USMC Toys for Tots ride.

Sorry to hear about what sounds like a touch of flu.  I recommend a neck warmer to keep your neck and lower face from getting chilled.  They're available in many styles from many sources.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:25:36 PM »
Thanks OldScoot, I do have the hood but felt I didn't need it. I'll know better next time but taking it a bit further, I feel that breathing the air without realizing what it may be doing could be a problem. An age factor could be a hinderence also! Been taking Muscinex DM every 12 hrs. seemingly helping. I bet the weather in the summer can be brutal, I guess that's the other end of the thermometer problems. I often wonder about insurance policies has to whether summer/winter factors have anything to do storing in the winter for months and still paying the same premium? There are some rides around the Pittsburgh Area but the one I attend is the "Ride For The Homeless Vets". It turned out around 400 riders this past summer into a 120 mile trip. VFW's and Legion's opened their doors to us..... food, drinks, rest stop etc. on the way to and from.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »
I road almost a hundred miles today (12/1/12), about 52 for a high. Did not think I would be riding in Dec in Michigan! ;D :-*

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 12:24:16 AM »
After snowing today (in NH) it looks like 50's and 60's for the rest of the week so
I'll be out there riding!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
Looking forward to riding for the next 3 days.  Snow yesterday, but 56 today, 58 tomorrow and still 52 on Tuesday.  I finally broke down and put the liner in my jacket last week, when I rode on Monday....high was only 37 and it was 27 when I headed for work Monday morning.  I bought a balacava (sp?) the next day.  BRRR!
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()