Author Topic: Total Frustration with Things Out of My Control  (Read 2969 times)

skippy

• View Profile
Re: Total Frustration with Things Out of My Control
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 08:32:17 AM »
Very, very few makers/dealerss keep parts in stock locally now, i agree its crap but its all just to cut their costs/overheads. My local acoot shops dont even stock belts and rollers now which is basic maintenence stuff they should all hold really. When i ordered some new body panels after i got rear ended at a junction i had them in 48hrs over here. My dealer ordered from a supplier in England and had them sent up the day after i ordered, had i ordered before 12 lunchtime i prob wouldve had them next day. Most parts here only take 1-3 days for delivery which isnt perfec but looking at what you guys seems to experience over there its not too bad.

I now bypass tbe dealer and go direct to where they order from in England after stealing a look at the website they used when i ordered the body parts.

and where would this be? lol whats the website

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »
Vivo, competition is a wonderful thing.  I am in NJ, USA, there are two scoot places within about 20 miles of my home.  So I can't go next door to look for a part.  Of The two stores near me one deals mostly in kids mopeds and the other in Philadelphia deals mostly in used small 50cc scoots, I've never been there.  Both actually are Kymco dealer. There simply are not enough stores to compete.  One keeps 2 Kymcos on the display floor the other keeps none.  I can see that your situation is better than mine or Mike's.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
What needs to be remembered is that in the USA most areas are not nearly as popular with scooting as in other countries. Places like Ca where gas prices are usually higher and weather nicer has the best chance of being scoot friendly but in NJ (northern) where I am we have one scoot/cycle shop within 10 miles, anything else is Harley Davidson and if you go a bit more our of the way you'll find the rice burner set.

Scoot shops are few and far between as the demand is not there, rents are high and weather is not year round friendly for most.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:58 AM »
READING ALL THE POSTS ABOUT ORDERING AND HOW LONG PEOPLE ARE WAITING IS DISGUSTING ME BOUT THAT EVEN THOUGH i HAVEN'T HAD THE NEED FOR ORDRING ANYTHING. NEVERTHELESS, I FEEL kYMCO IS STRETCHING THEIR LUCK OVER THIS BY NOT HAVING ONE OR TWO CENTRAL WAREHOUSES HERE IN THE STATES THAT COULD STOCK AND SHIP IN ABOUT NEXT DAY OR SO. I LIKE MY SCOOTER BUT IF THE TIME COMES ND I HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME OF YOU ARE DEALING WITH....I WILL SAY GOOD-BYE TO MY KYMCO. I FEEL THIS IS TOTALLY REDICULOUS YOU GUYS HAVE TO SUFFER OVER THESE DELAYS. AT THIS POINT FOR ME, I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY SCOOTER AND WILL BE AS LONG AS THIS EVENT DOESN'T COME MY WAY. MAYBE WE SHOULD SEND ALL THESE LETTERS DIRECTLY TO KYMCO AND IF THINGS DON'T CHANGE, WE SHOULD SHOULD LOOK FOR A DIFFERENT FORUM ABOUT A LOCAL OR JUST MUCH BETTER BACKUP UNIT FOR OUR MONEY. IF ANYONE HAS CONTACT WITH KYMCO DIRECT, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO PASS THIS POST ON TO THEM. GOOD lUCK WITH YOUR ORDERING PROBLEMS.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »
How does one go about finding out how many Kymco scooter and other products are sold in the USA and what percent of an increase in sales there have been over the past decade?

Someone like myself might be willing to open a warehouse if the numbers showed it to be profitable enough.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 01:43:09 AM »
..i waited 6 months for a oem cylinder and piston once..

..back in th day...things are waaayy better now....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 02:40:56 AM »
For my friends out there....I just emailed Kymco Global and Kymco USA... Will wait for a reply...  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()