Author Topic: Bmw scooters  (Read 1480 times)

blue

• View Profile
Bmw scooters
« on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:39 PM »
BMW opened up a new scooter shop near were I live dont know much about theam.But the ones I have seen so far are all 150 cc or bigger. Only see 2 that are 50 cc and they dont impress me at all.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Re: Bmw scooters
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »
Where are you located, I just checked the BMW USA website and they have 2 scoots that are in the 600cc range and 1 electric scoot that I was impressed with as far as range and speed goes. The Elec. scoot has a range of over 60 miles, charges in 3 hrs from a 110v outlet and reaches 75 MPH. I'm sure the price tag is well over most of our budgets for a scoot though.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 04:26:48 PM »
im in in Michigan usa.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »
I don't believe BMW has any small scooters in the US.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:44:28 PM »
I don't believe BMW has any small scooters in the US.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html

the ones I seen are not on there web page the guy said he siad they are for private sale only. one is elc. and the other was a 4 stroke but they are bigger the the agilty and with all that weight theres like no way that think would go to fast. He told me they are going to get one in that looks like a dirt bike but its a scooter for on raod and of road.
something like the syms rough horse.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »
Again I don't believe BMW is importing any small scooters into this country for any type sale or have been approved by the EPA and NATSA.

I don't know what scooters BMW produces for the European market but they would be very difficult and expensive or impossible to get registered here.

Unless I see something from a reputable source, I say your guy is blowing smoke...

Chinese copies maybe???

Heck according to this German manufacturer BMW will begin building scooters again after nine years. The new models are a step up from the low-powered scooters of years past.

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/117530/bmw-enters-the-scooter-market-again

BMW scooters in Europe

http://www.google.com/search?q=bmw+scooters+in+europe&hl=en&tbo=u&rlz=1T4GZAG_enUS439US440&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=pBicUJjMApDm9gTem4HYBg&ved=0CGYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=591
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:43:53 PM by old geezer »

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »
BMW (the German motorcycle company) has not and will never build small (50cc) scooters. Not under the BMW label. According to van Hendrik (CEO).
There are big historic scooters (R10 with 200cc, gear box and Cardan shaft!), the C1 (125+200cc) with roof and safety crush zone and the actual C series (with 60hp not small either).
BMW ownes 100% of Husqvarna which have enough smaller engines (125-650cc).
BMW has a strategical partnership with Kymco. Kymco for small and medium, BMW for medium to big motorcycles.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »
Right, Kymco builds engines for some BMW models. And for the two new scooters that BMW just came out with.

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 10:54:14 PM »

I rode a C1 a few times when I lived in Germany. Was a top heavy P-O-S. Loved my wife's Gilera Runner FXR 180. That thing would fly. She bought it second hand and it had a few mods she knew nothing about. Wish we had brought it back to the USA.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:56:15 PM by Pimpy1 »
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 01:11:36 AM »
Unless I see something from a reputable source, I say your guy is blowing smoke....

true that ...........I seen it comeing.......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()