Author Topic: 3rd Party Mirrors/Windscreen  (Read 3220 times)

DICE

• View Profile
3rd Party Mirrors/Windscreen
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
Hey all two questions...

1. Anyone here replace the stock mirrors? Any recommendations??? I am not sure what I am looking for but would like to hear any experiences.

2. I tried to order a replacement windsheild Biondi from Scooterville but unfortunately it was back ordered way longer than I hoped. So quick poll... Givi or the ERMax? Thoughts?

Thanks all!

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Party Mirrors/Windscreen
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:02:33 PM »
I bought a pair of EMGO mirrors for my 2007. Work fine and look good. Many cycle dealers sell them, and they are very cheap. :-*

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:29:46 PM »
I have the GIVI windscreen.  It may be easier to get than the other one.  But it sure is big.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »
I have Givi shield also. It's great, but some people cut it down by about 2 inches or so, so they can look over it in the rain. :-*

jerry2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
I bought the Givi also and installed it yesterday.  It is big, the first windshield I've had that I have to look through.  But it is cold now and it certainly protects the upper body so I am going to try it a while before deciding whether to cut it down or not.  Tomorrow I'll take it out on the freeway and try it at higher speeds.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »
It is a great shield. I have not cut mine down, but may in the future? It is so much better than stock. :-*

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 11:19:49 PM »
I bought ErMax standard size that duplicates the older model windscreen.  It's well made, good looking and bolts on with no issues. I got mine from Silverstonemotor.com .   

jerry2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 08:14:43 PM »
I am enjoying the Givi shield more than I thought I would.  I tried taking it up to speed but only touched 70.  It seemed to move a bit there but I'll try it out again over the holidays.  I am not planning to cut it down before spring.  It did make me wish I had more wind flow protection for the legs.

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 02:29:38 AM »
I bought ErMax standard size that duplicates the older model windscreen.  It's well made, good looking and bolts on with no issues. I got mine from Silverstonemotor.com .   

What model year do you have?
Rick

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »
What model year do you have?

I've got a 2012 Xciting 500Ri ABS - it's the older one headlight style.     

jflintw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
I just traded my 2012 300 GTI for a new 2013 Xciting 500RI. I would like to get a windshield for it. Will the Givi model D293ST bolt up to it without modifications? Any other suggestions on windshields?

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 01:09:44 PM »
I don't know my shields part number, but if Givi says/list that it fits, it should. :-*

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 03:21:39 PM »
I bought the Givi also and installed it yesterday.  It is big, the first windshield I've had that I have to look through.  But it is cold now and it certainly protects the upper body so I am going to try it a while before deciding whether to cut it down or not.  Tomorrow I'll take it out on the freeway and try it at higher speeds.

I've got to say that I really like the big screen on cold days.  Short of having heated grips installed, it's the best bang for the buck.  However, it sucks on hot summer days.  I kept the stock windscreen so I can have some airflow on me during the summer.

I'm not sure I'll cut the givi down.  If I was to, what tool (s) do any of you recommend?

Don in KC.

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »
if I was to cut a windsheild ,I would send it out to a plastic shop, so they could polish the edge, I would not like to be looking at the edge if it was not finished, unless you have the tools to do it right, done it in glass and it did not make me happy, about 40 years ago, just my thought on it.
   300 i DT. 2011 28,000 km. just broken in, runs perfect, working on the seat to raise the seat and move the back rest back, will send pictures if I can figure out how to send,

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »
I'm with De Dee. I recently cut an old broken windshield down for an experiment
using a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. It worked but if you go too fast it will crack
and you have to cover everything and check often to avoid scratching. Also I didn't
follow the line perfectly and I didn't have the proper stuff to make the edge look
factory stock. That's my problem with Givi, they are all way too tall and I can't do a
good job tweaking it...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()