Author Topic: Kymco People GT 300i on sale  (Read 8310 times)

MassScoot

• View Profile
Re: Kymco People GT 300i on sale
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 06:44:02 PM »
Mike: OG deserves it. My god...$1000.00+ off retail? I was rooked! I thought there is no way in hell a GT300i would be discounted like that. Plus that scoot is my color as well.

I believe one should "pony-up" when they make a mistake & that I did.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 07:30:34 PM »
Thanks guy. I need to get back over there and check out some more prices when I get better.

Last Friday i came down with a nasty case of shingles and can't get out. It hurts something awful from my waist all the way down my left leg. I even have a rash in the bottom of my left foot. Makes it hard to walk. And yes I'm not in the best mood.

I don't know as I haven't ran a cost analysis of the cost of living in the two areas but I would say this area is lower and that may play a part in the price differences. Also could be the dealer is large and just moving more inventory. Who knows, any way we enjoy it.

have a good one

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »
Old Geezer,
I'm so sorry to hear about your shingles. They are excrutiatingly painfull and are usually caused by a
severe strees related event in your life. The Friday night I ran into the deer and suffered reaaly bad injuries and almost was killed the Saturday morning my wife woke with shingles all over her back and stomach. She has been dealing with the pain for almost a month. Have you tried Valtrex and prednisone dose pack? That helps some. Also Lyrica can help. My wife got a Mag-Sulfate paste at the health food store and that has helped. There are also claims that Gerannium Oil helps with the pain. Once again I'm so sorry to hear about your condition. It can be really debilitating. I have watched first hand.
Mike

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »
OG: I had singles when I was about 26. It was on my head (under my hair) & it was so f**king painful. Couldn't even keep my head on a pillow. Do yourself a favor & go to the doctor & have him/her prescribe Acyclovir (Zovirox) right away!

Link:

http://www.medicinenet.com/acyclovir/article.htm

Time is key here! Acyclovir keeps the virus from mutiplying & hence you will recover much more quickly!

Good Luck!

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 08:38:52 PM »
Thanks,  I went to the Dr Friday and am taking Famciclovir 500mg  three times a day for seven days. And Hydrocodone as needed. And its been needed for the last three or four days.

This is my first bout with shingles. People say it hurts bad and they don't lie. I don't wish this on anybody.

Oh yeah, you got to be careful when it gets on your head. If it gets in your eyes, you can go blind. Mine is from my waist down.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:42:40 PM by old geezer »

skothaz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »
Thanks for the tip - I bought the silver one Saturday. They still had a black 2012 as of last weekend.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 11:41:32 PM »
Thanks for the tip - I bought the silver one Saturday. They still had a black 2012 as of last weekend.

Glad you were able to get one at the reduced price. Actually the black one is my favorite. My people S 250 is black as were many of my Harleys along the way.

I hope you enjoy the Gt 300. Its a really nice scooter. The Italians have nothing on this Kymco scooter.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:17:09 AM by old geezer »

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 02:05:34 AM »

Skothaz: Very nice pick-up & that price is outstanding! I paid @ least $1200.00 more for my GT300i. BTW...I own Silver as well.

Old Geezer really hooked you up. Enjoy the new ride. You're going to love it!

KennyT

• View Profile
    • www.KensFeaturedHomes.com
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 03:57:30 AM »
I am jealous...
Have fun and enjoy the ride!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125
Have fun and enjoy the ride!

pborst

• View Profile
Top Box
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »
People 300 is looking better and better.  I worry about storage though.  Why does Kymco have to have a proprietary top box?   It's good.  But maybe not great.   I resent not to have the option when I purchase one to just upgrade to a Shad or Givi topbox.   Given that the bike is spectalular,  I may just have to live with it.  but I"m not mechanically prone as Dave Harrington.  Don't own a drill press.  Jesus why doesn't Kymco read consumer posts and reviews and improve its products?   

Paul

Scoota

• View Profile
Re: Top Box
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 12:39:53 AM »
People 300 is looking better and better.  I worry about storage though.  Why does Kymco have to have a proprietary top box?   It's good.  But maybe not great.   I resent not to have the option when I purchase one to just upgrade to a Shad or Givi topbox.   Given that the bike is spectalular,  I may just have to live with it.  but I"m not mechanically prone as Dave Harrington.  Don't own a drill press.  Jesus why doesn't Kymco read consumer posts and reviews and improve its products?   

Paul

The top case is okay, but coming from using GIVI cases, it could use some improvement. 

I may look at installing one of my Givi mounting plates on the 300, as at times, could use more storage space.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
The problem is, listed below the price "plus tax and fees".

What is the out the door price? Dealers give you all kinds of stuff, freight, documentation fees, prep, etc. that they will say they have to get. The only thing that concerns me is the out the door price, that's what really matters. A out the same price at a dealer in Phoenix, but when I called them asked for the out the door price, could buy it cheaper here.

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »

Paul

I replaced the Kymco box with a Givi E370 Tech 39 liter box.  It's a very easy installation.  The box holds a good deal more and works well with the lines of the bike.

Scoota

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 01:04:47 AM »
I replaced the Kymco box with a Givi E370 Tech 39 liter box.  It's a very easy installation.  The box holds a good deal more and works well with the lines of the bike.

Did you have to drill new holes in the luggage rack to mount the GIVI mounting plate??

TeeMon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 10:42:38 PM »
The prices there for the 300i are incredibly low.  I would have bought one in an instant!

I called at least 8 Kymco dealers within 100 miles or so and none of them had the GT 300i.  A couple of them had the GT 200i, which I almost bought.   But both were regular, listed price - no discount at all.

So I went ahead and bought my S 250 which was a new, unsold one from 2009.  They had knocked off well over a thousand dollars.  But now I wish that I would have bought the 200i or kept looking for a 300i.
Tony M.
Rio Vista, CA (USA)
2009 Kymco People S 250
2008 Suzuki Burgman 400
US Army Vet

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()