Author Topic: Kymco Dealers who carry the 500  (Read 3224 times)

Ascender

• View Profile
Kymco Dealers who carry the 500
« on: October 06, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
Newbie here... Is there a listing of Kymco dealers who carry the 500, and not just the smaller models?  I'm interested in the bike (closest thing I've seen to an Aprilia Atlantic 500 which I was very fond of), but all of the Kymco shops in my area (Ralegh/Durham NC) are either too small to keep one in stock, or don't want to cut into their Burgman sales (!).   :'(

Any leads greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

JIke03

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Dealers who carry the 500
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:43:54 AM »
I will pickup my XC500Ri ABS this week from Brewer Cycles in Henderson. You also might want to check Fox's in Roxboro on 501.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »

Ascender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 12:54:48 PM »
I will pickup my XC500Ri ABS this week from Brewer Cycles in Henderson. You also might want to check Fox's in Roxboro on 501.

Very helpful; thanks!  I did go to Fox's this weekend (I bought my current bike there), but the biggest model they have is the 300.  I need to go back up this coming weekend, but Henderson is a nice side trip, so...

Ascender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »
Castle Powersports in Tennessee has one with ABS for $6299.

http://www.castlepowersports.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=05752527X10K7K2012J7I06I08JAMQ4059R0&veh=246769&pov=2738812

Thanks for the reference!  Getting the bike home would be a lovely break-in ride on US70 - about 500 miles worth over two days.  At least it would be ready for first servicing right away :-).

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »
Call Kymco usa. They should know what dealer has what bike? :-*

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
Any dealer worth their salt should be able to order one for you.  If I had a dealer in my area that didn't want to sell a certain model because they're worried it would cut into another brand's sales then that just tells me that the Xciting is that much more of a bargain.

My dealer sells Genuine and Kymco.  They're trying to get me to buy a MyRoad 700 when they become available in 2013.  I suspect it will be parked right next to a Downtown, or a Xciting.  One has to have choices to make an informed decision.

Don in KC.

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »
Any dealer worth their salt should be able to order one for you.  If I had a dealer in my area that didn't want to sell a certain model because they're worried it would cut into another brand's sales then that just tells me that the Xciting is that much more of a bargain.

My dealer sells Genuine and Kymco.  They're trying to get me to buy a MyRoad 700 when they become available in 2013.  I suspect it will be parked right next to a Downtown, or a Xciting.  One has to have choices to make an informed decision.

Don in KC.

Is the MyRoad 700 coming in 2013...I have been hearing about this mythical beast being sold in the US since 2009 and have yet to see it happen.  I would love for this to be true.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »
My dealer won't bring in any maxi unless you order it and pay for it. If I go for the 700, I think I will order it in Ottawa (3,000KM) from here. Ride the dt out and ride the 700 back. Not sure if I am going to upgrade or not yet. I keep hearing we are going to get it in Canada next year.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 02:29:01 AM »
Ascender,
You would probably have some luck with finding a dealer with the XC500Ri in the Chapel-Hill area.
That's a big university town and scoots usually sell well in that environment.
I was at my dealership today to check on the re-build of my scoot and I was talking with some of the salesmen and they felt as if the 700 won't make it here until 2014. They are a large Suzuki dealer and can't keep the Burgies on the floor. They said they only had one in stock and it was in the warehouse in the crate, and it was sold. So I'm guessing that they are not in a hurry to piss
Suzuki off since their Burgy sales were so good.
Good luck with your 500 search. It is worth the wait.
Mike

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
Look on cycle trader to see who has one in stock. And then make the deal by phone and go pick it up. You will not be disapointed with the scoot. I ride mine like a gold wing. I doubt I will ever go back to a (normal) motorcycle again. Order a Givi shield and a shad box and ride man ride.  :-*

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »
Forgot to say. The stock wind shield is way to short for touring, but it does make the scoot look more sporty. If you have the Givi shield sent to the dealer when you order it, or bring it with you. That 500 mile trip will just breeze by. In fact, 500 mile days on the xciting 500 is not hard to do. :-*

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »
Just my two cents worth and my own opinion....I am glad I didn't go for a full shield.. MY reasons are: I like the isea of having the helmet with the two shields...One, the sun or coated partial and the full clear pull down. On hot days, its nice to have some of the air cooling me off, down, it keeps the bugs from smacking me in the face, when raining, with rain-X on the shield..the air blows the shield rain off nicely, my visibility is much beeter all around with the existing shield being if I don't take care of a full windshield from scratches etc..well. At night, I feel the full windshield would have much more glare and rellection to deal with. Finally, of course, I really like the appearance of the existing shield and so do many who see the bike.
I have many compliments on the looks of this 500 and added to it all if of course again, the shield. All MY views and I wouldn't argue anyone elses!

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 02:12:54 AM »
I keep both shields-the stock one and a GIVI touring shield.  I've gotten pretty good at swapping them out.  People do compliment me on the looks of the stock one more so than the other.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()