Author Topic: Take my Camera, Water Bottle on My Scooter and:  (Read 2220 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Take my Camera, Water Bottle on My Scooter and:
« on: October 06, 2012, 12:20:01 AM »
I headed for one of the parks today and shot some birds. The Bald Eagle and the bird in the upper right corner (unidentified) which is bluish looking. Taking the scooter makes it easy to get around and on a nice day as today was..you can't beat it. The Eagle and the other bird were shot at approximately 1/2 mile away and blown up.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Take my Camera, Water Bottle on My Scooter and:
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:26:42 AM »
nice, thanks for sharing Syl.. :)

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 02:23:30 AM »
Beautiful!
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 04:08:02 AM »
Could the bird in the upper right be a Blue Heron?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blue_Heron
Current Ride: Gold 2012 People GTI 300.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 05:16:07 AM »
Could the bird in the upper right be a Blue Heron?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blue_Heron

Looks like it...

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 10:18:36 AM »
Gee Wiz!....Great, thank you. It has to be that I would have never looked it up hoping someone knew or gave a thought of what it is. I hate to finalize with such fuzzy photos  but these two birds fasinate me even though they were so far away. I had the stand down on the scooter, sat on it for and hour or more just waiting to see something. I did not know for sure that was an Eagle until I came home and blew the picture up. I shot some photos of the falcons & Ospreys (spelling) in different areas. No, am not a bird watcher but I look for anything interesting to shoot. Thanks for the comments.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
Nice picks! Where were they taken?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
The eagle or osprey makes me think you're somewhere in the Northwest. First time I saw an osprey was on a island on the Columbia River outside of Portland, OR.

-Wolf

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
Pictures were taken at Crooked Creek State Park, Pennsylvania. The distance these two birdsw were from me almost made me feel they were in another place. The opsprey of course not shown, I shot pixs of their nest in Morraine State Park, Pennsylvania. This was another distant shot being it was on the other side of the lake. Their were young in it at the time. I also have pixs of Falcons shot along the Allegheny River, North East of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 09:10:46 PM »
Here is a Peregrine Falcon.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »
Being all these shots were shot from and with my scooter, I want to finish out this subject and am sorry to possibly being too off beat of the correct subject. If it weren't for my Scooter, I wouldn't be driving to all these places being the ride is of great enjoyment being able to pull off the rode in places and not making a lot of noise at that. Further of course, it is a good place to sit while doing all this!

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 12:09:29 AM »
Outstanding Syl,
This thread is the exact reason I bought my scooter. To take relaxing rides in the country and just
see what happens in our universe of nature, peace and quiet. Just watch out for that Blue Herron.
We had one land in our back pasture one afternoon, probably injured. I was able to catch it with my fish landing net and took it back into the park and released it. If it died it was a natural process. At least it would be safe from dogs and other dumb ass humans. But that Blue Herron would be a dangerous collision on a scooter, they are huge! Thanks again for sharing and reminding us of what
we can enjoy in the saddle on back roads.
Mike
P.S. watch for deer. They hurt!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 01:33:21 AM »
We don't have those here but other different kinds mostly endangered species.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »
Mike Green, thank you...yes, it is a great peaceful ride going out not knowing exactly where to at times but in the end run, it turns out being at a place as we spoke of above. I hate to see the cold weather approaching now..this morning is 39 degrees and my going out limit is around 45-50. country roads get a great amount of leaves on the roads and the deer are moving more making it just a bit more concerning. Under those leaves than come some of the gravel areas so all together this stuff gets a bit concerning.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()