Author Topic: CELP Light  (Read 6304 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: CELP Light
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »
When the light blinks initially, that means the sensors are responding to something irregular, when it stops, then the sensors are doing their job... just like saying... "everything's fine"  ;)

However, since you've got some signs already, have it checked before it gets worse... ;)

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:41 PM »
I would clear the warning light and start watchful waiting.  If it comes on again, still check your work, if you find nothing wrong have it checked.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

ludo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 05:39:18 PM »
Thank you for the advices!
Kymco Yager GT200i -
Totally awesome machine with anti-theft styling ;D

ludo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 07:58:10 PM »
Update.... I readjusted the free play again and the light didn't come up.
Last time, the same thing happened but after a longer ride, it finally came up again.
Will see....
Got to find in the manual how to clear that warning light.
Thanks again to all for your advices! This forum has been really helpful. Very appreciated :-)
Kymco Yager GT200i -

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 01:17:34 AM »
you are very welcome... ;)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
Ludo, I'm thinking that if you took too much slack out of your throttle cable you may have pulled it off the stop. That would show when key on prior to start as an erroneous "throttle closed" value. Gotta be against the stop for idle air bypass to open for idle and so the computer won't "throw a code."

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ludo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »
Ludo, I'm thinking that if you took too much slack out of your throttle cable you may have pulled it off the stop. That would show when key on prior to start as an erroneous "throttle closed" value. Gotta be against the stop for idle air bypass to open for idle and so the computer won't "throw a code."

Karl

I think you are right!
Seems ok now.

Kymco Yager GT200i -

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
Update, so I read somewhere on this forum that changing the air filter is a simple 30 minute job.  Yesterday, after working on it for 2 hours I finally got the job done.  The old filter looked as clean as the new one.  The job would have been much easier if I was able to bend down, this getting old stuff is a beetch.  It also would have been easier if I could get a wrench on the crankcase bolt.  I finally loosened it with a small open end wrench and then the rest had to be done with my fingers.  Overall it would have been a simple job if my grandson had not been in school.  There was a small vacuum line that was kinked which I straightened out.  It would be nice if that is the problem.  The CELP light had come on one more time but again I was doing 65mph.   Some notes; One of the 6 screws was missing on the filter case & the retaining band was loose and doing nothing.  Hopefully, I fixed whatever was wrong but I doubt it.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 03:01:03 AM »
Well crap, now I got a check engine light, solid, won't go off, I was riding up in redline zone, but not for long, ride was only 5 miles and would only drift in there once in awhile.

Haven't checked codes yet, just happened today, bike only harps a little over 500 miles on it.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
Well crap, now I got a check engine light, solid, won't go off, I was riding up in redline zone, but not for long, ride was only 5 miles and would only drift in there once in awhile.

Haven't checked codes yet, just happened today, bike only harps a little over 500 miles on it.

oops, its my oil light, not check engine light.  My oil is full, I changed it a couple months ago and haven't put on many miles, ran the codes, i'm getting code 4, TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), have no idea why, will search other posts about the oil light if there are any

question, how do you reset codes?

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 03:31:29 PM »
oops, its my oil light, not check engine light.  My oil is full, I changed it a couple months ago and haven't put on many miles, ran the codes, i'm getting code 4, TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), have no idea why, will search other posts about the oil light if there are any

question, how do you reset codes?

Ok, was just my oil service light, so I reset it, and it also cleared the TPS code 4, interesting.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()