Author Topic: Service help needed  (Read 3356 times)

Croker

• View Profile
Service help needed
« on: May 24, 2009, 05:21:56 AM »
I've got two problems and could use as much help as anyone is willing to give.  1st- I purchased my 2006 GV a year ago but the seller could not (still has not) find the service manual.  2nd- The nearest dealer is 60 miles away.

I'm feeling the need to do some service and the pdf link to a service manual on this site didn't work for me.  Does anyone know where I could access one?

so.....
Do you use just regular anti-freeze (reserve tank is completely dry)?
.9L 30w oil looks straight forward but I'm not sure where the filter is?
Brake fluid on handle bars seems clear enough.
what are the rubber capped nipples on the tires? Lubricant needed?
The belt housing reads, 'Oil 1.8L'  what is this?

Thanks in advance.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
Re: Service help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »
Regular anti-freeze will do just fine.  If you want to get the 'good stuff' go for the LP coolant: http://www.amazon.com/LP-COOLANT-STREET-GAL-RED/dp/B0029L7QX2

I recommend AMSOIL scooter oil, 10w 40 fully synthetic.  This varies from the manual a bit, but engines that I've worked on that are using the AMSOIL (or any other good synthetic really) seem to be in better all-around shape.

The Grand Vista 250 does not have a typical oil filter.  It just has a metal mesh screen that is held in by a spring and the oil drain plug.  That plug will be 17mm if I remember correctly.  Spray the screen out with some brake cleaner after you drain the oil, and make sure it's dry before you re-install it.

Capped nipples on the tires?  No, no lubricant is needed, but you might want to check that the proper tire pressure is in the tires.  The proper tire pressure may be on a sticker on the bike somewhere, but I always go by what is written on the tire.  Probably 36 PSI in your case.

The reading on the belt housing is for your gear oil.  There is a drain bolt and a fill bolt to change the gear oil.  I don't normally heed the measurement... just drain the oil out, put the plug in, and fill the gear oil up until it comes out the fill hole.  Let it drip a few minutes so that the oil becomes level with the fill hole, wipe up the mess, put the plug back in and you're done!

Hope this helps!

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

Croker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:00:20 AM »
thanks Josh!   Great help.  I've succesfully changed engine and gear oil, filled brake fluid and topped off coolant.   

david

garumn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 01:55:32 AM »
Not to question those who know better than I (which means most every creature out there who can breathe), but does one want to fill gear oil up to the fill hole?  My manual reads ".18L", which is the quantity I added, and nowhere near the fill hole...  Also, I apologize if this has been covered in a previous post as I am new around here!
Aaron
2009 Kymco Xciting 250Ri

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 03:17:33 AM »
Aaron,

Check out this thread:  http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=309.0

It should answer your question.

garumn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:00:22 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Phenomenal!!  .18L it is!  Thank you very much, Calothrix, for your help!!

Apologies for not seeing the thread earlier...   ;)
Aaron
2009 Kymco Xciting 250Ri

tp376

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »
If you need a manual I got factory manuals for about 35bucks.  www.tntcycles-atv.com
Certified Kymco Tech willing to give Free help.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()