Author Topic: Ticking sound after one cylinder got hot  (Read 950 times)

bubbarowley

• View Profile
Ticking sound after one cylinder got hot
« on: July 09, 2012, 05:11:42 AM »
  Front carb started to plug off on my way to class and it started to chug going down the highway, I had a test so i kind of limped it to class.  When I got to class my bottom muffler had changed to the blue/gold color they turn when they get super hot, but just the bottom one.  I put some GB44K in the tank and limped it back the 26 miles to home.  On they way back at higher RPMs the power would snap back.  I cleaned out the carbs the next day and it runs great now!  But it has a ticking sound that comes from the upper end of the rear cylinder now, which it didn't have before.  It's always had the Venox ticking that goes away as the RPMs goes up, but it's different now.  The new ticking isn't too noticeable at idle up as the RPMs goes up it gets louder.  When it got hot enough to change the muffler colors, did I burn an exhaust valve?  Or did I fry my oil and now it's not lubricating like it should?  My wife and I took it out today and it doesn't have any loss of power.  I have never adjusted the valves, do I even need to?  I was planning on changing the oil this week.  Thanks for any advice.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()