Author Topic: Just purchased Like 50 2T, looking to MOD OUT!  (Read 18834 times)

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
Re: Just purchased Like 50 2T, looking to MOD OUT!
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »
You are not sacrificing reliability, just opening up the pores, a cleansing, if you will. You are allowing the 50cc to do what it was meant to do.
Just make sure everything is cleaned off before you install the new mani - no debris in the engine!
Get the mani, carb, and exhaust installed correctly (to where it runs a little rich) and then worry about the cvt. I would advise some aluminum tape to seal things off as you install the next part, etc.
This is uncharted territory for me, so I am learning through this as well.
sans scooter, rien

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2012, 02:58:45 AM »
From all I have seen in scooters once you dial in the engine it is the CVT that takes all the abuse. Our cranks are great as is. Same for all the bearings. It's the rollers, belt, var, and drive boss that take a beating. A once a year full replacement of the cvt is the best medicine. Maybe a new set of rings too.
The real key is to install everything with precision. The more prep/measuring you do the longer the build will last. If you are unsure about a measurement ask. Get a set of calipers too.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Psuffix

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2012, 05:08:46 AM »
I've already bought a nice set of digital calipers that's sensitive to .01 mm +-.005. It's just a waiting game for parts right now. Gonna start a new thread with pictures for the build.

Random question, anyone have an opinion on this belt? It's already on the way and I figured it was probably pretty close to stock and just wanted to have an extra.
http://www.racingplanetusa.com/drive-belt-naraku-kymco-4stroke-horizontal-p-5560-1.html?sessID=430ecb5ebcc6dff26a94d16f93caa680

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2012, 06:14:09 AM »
Gonna start a new thread with pictures for the build.

Awesome!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Psuffix

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2012, 03:32:19 AM »
Damn... so the carb I received has a 4-stroke atomizer and bushing in it, even though it has the 4 gram float made for 2-strokes. Have to order those parts new now which is pretty irritating, should I get the AU-262 here
https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DELLORTO-PHBG-ATOMIZER-AU

and the bushing here?
https://www.treatland.tv/dellorto-PHBG-bushing-AU-p/dellorto-phbg-bushing-au.htm

Maybe the shop near me will be willing to trade them out for me but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Still haven't heard anything about my exhaust from Speed Addict... patience is a virtue or something... GAH I WANNA DO THIS.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2012, 04:53:05 AM »
I know how much it sucks. Waiting is the hardest part of scooter building here. Thank god for the net!

wassonii

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2012, 10:57:40 AM »
According to this page http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/How_To_Tune_PHBG_Carburetors :
"NOTE:If you have reed valves
If you're running the thick stiff reeds you will be fine with running the four stroke AN bushing just by running a richer or leaner AN atomizer, because reed valves reduce the intakes back flow/charge out the carb and back in. The soft reeds will reduce less of the intakes back flow/charge. ...But every set up and combination will be deferent to tune in. "
This is a small quote from the "Atomizers & Slides" section. I can't remember if you are changing your reeds, too. Forgive me if you are already familiar with this article, just trying to be helpful.
sans scooter, rien

Psuffix

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
Yeah I read that as well. Not sure which would be cheaper or more efficient, replacing the steel reeds with stiffer carbon fiber reeds or replacing the atomizer bushing and atomizer. I've already ordered the latter so I'm just going to go with that.

wassonii

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
As always, I wouldn't dream of speaking for Zombie, but I guarantee he'd say get some cf reeds.
As to the atomiser, you are prolly best off to just get what is right for a 2 stroke, so good on you!
sans scooter, rien

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2012, 01:25:21 AM »
I've never had to mess w/atomizers for any engine. It a jet fits it gets atomized. Reeds you can feel. .030mm is great all around, and 035 is for higher rpm engines 10k+ rpm. I'm trying some home made 2 stage reeds. Using 020/035 Boysen 

wassonii

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »
Hey there. How are things progressing with the scoot?
sans scooter, rien

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()