Author Topic: Great little pony!  (Read 46054 times)

Paperkrain

• View Profile
Re: Great little pony!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »
awwe :(

I can't afford a brand spanking new one lol I wish... there's a few '06 night rods going for about $10k .. selling my venox should get me at least $4k to $4.5k here in Aus, and definitely be able to save at least another 5-6k within 1.5 years.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »

awwe :(

I can't afford a brand spanking new one lol I wish... there's a few '06 night rods going for about $10k .. selling my venox should get me at least $4k to $4.5k here in Aus, and definitely be able to save at least another 5-6k within 1.5 years.

Don't do it JB ... Don't do it !!!
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »

Don't do it JB ... Don't do it !!!
Why HB.... why?

Paperkrain

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »
lol :)

Btw, here's a recent picture of my bike and Sydney. Taken on Saturday, 28 July 2012 8:00pm

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 01:55:09 AM »
great bike dude! ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 11:54:39 PM »
No doubt! It's beautiful.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »
G'day gang (that was especially for you Vivo  ;) )

Hairy Bob here, finally back on the air waves - damned computer shat itself. Anyway, hope everyone has been finding the time to get a few nice rides in here and there. My little pony's been going like a beauty ! She's got just over 3500 k's on her now and I tell you what, the little 250 certainly holdes her own. Just about all of those k's have been cruising out in the countryside, I don't do any commuting on her. In fact the wife and I had a really nice little ride this morning out through the Burringbar ranges just over the border, then back over to the coast. Perfect sunny day, stunning scenery, my girl sittin' right behind me, and the little pony galloping along very nicely ... what more could I possibly ask for ?
Had a nice BIG ride a couple of weeks ago. Headed west and did a big loop south, then back too the coast. When I got back home, that little pony had done a bit over 380 k's, no problem what so ever. So, as you can tell by my rave, I'me still very impressed with her, to be quite honest, I'm pretty friggin' amazed !!! She can hold her little head up proud amongst heaps bigger bikes as far as I'me concerned, that's for sure ! She seems to be well made, and handles nicely, solo or two up. Other than that carby problem I had early in the piece, which was all totally replaced under warranty, I'me very, very happy with her.
I've added a couple of creature comforts. I got a nice sissy bar from the states which the missus really appreciates when we're on a bit of run. I also scourced locally, a nice little windscreen, frameless, so you hardly see it, but the differece that piece of perspex makes when you're belting along at highway speed is incredible. It stops your torso from acting like a parachute. I've ordered some nice highway bars, also from the states, they should be here in a couple of weeks. Holy sh**, the cost of post from the U.S. is a killer though. Still, they will look pretty nice on the little pony, and she bloodywell deserves them I reckon !!
I've been averaging just over 25 klms per litre over the last four or five tanks of fuel, so I know I've got a maximum range of about 350 klms  My low fuel light comes on around the 260 - 270 mark, so that gives plenty of range to find fuel.
So yep, all in all, the little pony has been running like a dream. Hope things are the same for you guys
Ride safe everyone.
Regards, Hairy Bob

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:31:28 PM by Hairy Bob »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 01:28:12 AM »
Nice to hear from you enjoying your ride!.... ;)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
Vivo ... Vivo !

I know it's early over there, but wake up man .. it's really important !!

Geez, you look like crap , what the hell did you get up to last night ?

Anyway, we've gotta get the band back together amigo !

Yep, you heard me right, we've gotta get the friggin band back together ... I had
a really good ride out west this morning, and I got this cool vibe for song (I must admit, I've borrowed a bit from a Lou Reed
song here and there but I know Uncle Lou won't mind).

So ... take it away Vivo, a nice cruisy backbeat on those drums if you wouldn't mind my good man ...

Oh yeah ! beautiful, can you feel that ladies and gentlemen ?

Okay, so it goes something like this ...

" I took the little cruiser out for a ride, the engine felt good between my thighs, the air felt cool as we cruised through
the county side ...
 I rode right out to Warwick out through Cunningham's Gap, one time I got lost and had to check the map. I love that little pony
so much ...... I could kiss her "

So, Waddayareckon Vivo ?

We could be on to something here old son ...

We're gonna be bloody rockstars !
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:40:25 AM by Hairy Bob »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 08:01:31 AM »
" I took the little cruiser out for a ride, the engine felt good between my thighs, the air felt cool as we cruised through
the county side ...
 I rode right out to Warwick out through Cunningham's Gap, one time I got lost and had to check the map. I love that little pony
so much ...... I could kiss her "

Yeah I could kiss her front and rear
But not while riding..have no fear...
But if I'll have to ... I'll shift to high gear
No worries man.... I'm no queer!!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:49:32 AM by Vivo »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »
Fergginn geroovin man !    8)  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:53:49 AM by Hairy Bob »

casarider

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 03:53:29 PM »
Hi all;

Good discussion & nice pictures.

Well, i'm from morocco and i'm expecting to by a Kymco 250 venox. I'm not confirmed rider, so i'm lokking for you advice to choose the best venox that i'can found here in morocco.

Actually, i found a venox 250, 2010 model, 4000 km, 3 hands, looks nice, red couleur, price: 3000 Euros. So, could you plesase advice if its a good ocasion or not? if it so, whats kind of things that i've to cheak before?....
Sorry for my english and many thanks for all your feedback

Cheers
CasaRider

Shanel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 12:59:49 AM »
Hey guys - when is the recomended first service 500 or 1000km

Thanks
Shane

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
Since it has an oil filter you're good for service at 1000 km, mostly to check that everything is working right and no bolts have vibrated loose. Check the battery terminals, brake cables, clutch and gear shift adjuster, all the stuff like that.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 10:42:30 AM »
G'day all,
Down here in Oz, Christmas comes in the middle of summer which can be damn hot.
So when Santa delivers the presents here, he's not taken around by reindeers because
they can't handle the heat. He hooks up six big white male kangaroos ... the white boomers !
Six white boomers, snow white boomers, racing Santa Clause through the blazing sun.
Six white boomers, snow white boomers ... on his Australian run.

Did ya like that ?

Have a happy and safe Christmas groovers,
Best wishes and positive vibes for the new year to each and all.

Hairy Bob.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()