Author Topic: rear wheel removal  (Read 1518 times)

jomama

• View Profile
rear wheel removal
« on: June 02, 2012, 07:25:55 PM »
I was going to replace the rear tire on an 08 S125 . Well the insructions make it look pretty easy. 1st you have to remove the ENTIRE EXHAUST . They couldn't just have a slip on muffler . Next there is a link arm ( for lack of the proper name )which has a bearing in it. so far so good. Now remove the shock. Well here is where it appears to get real tricky because it appears all of the plastic from the seat down must come off so you can get to the top bolt of the shock. Does anyone know of an alternate way. This is crazy. I pitty the poor slug that has a flat on the road or when like me he needs to replace the rear tire. Whoever engineered this setup should be drawn and quartered.

jomama

• View Profile
Re: rear wheel removal
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »
Well after relentlessly persuing this project, I finally got er done. But once again its totally ridiculous hos this machine is designed. I can change the rear tire on my HD dresser faster.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
This is somewhat normal for a lot of scooters, regardless of brand.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

NigelB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 11:15:36 PM »
On my Bet&Win 250 I only have to remove the bottom bolt of the shock absorber where it attaches to the "link arm". The shock then just swings out of the way.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()