Author Topic: Torque driver  (Read 1373 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Torque driver
« on: May 22, 2012, 11:53:50 PM »
Anyone tried this or one similair?

http://www.exportstrength.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_44_332&products_id=639

Says it can be set for race or fast street, i can see it has 2 sets of guides, both different shapes, what difference would each make?

I was thinking the race setting will keep the high gear on longer to help acceleration from a standing start from looking at the shape of the slot?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Torque driver
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:27:35 AM »
...anything is worth trying...

..be a pioneer!!!

..my naraku t_driver two sets of performance slots as well...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:02:06 AM »
Yeah i think i will order one, or one like it. Going to have a look to see if i can find a uk supplier who has them cos i hate the 2-3wk wait from Taipai.

Was also looking at those Torque controllers that sits under the spring, you tried them? Think they were Naraku? Cant find the exact one i saw but was like this http://eshop.mainelyscooters.com/product/cat-139qmb/hoca-performance-139qmb-torque-spring-base/ .

Know it makes my spring a little tighter, 10-15%+ from what im reading but im going back to a 1000rpm spring with my 5.1g rollers(if they ever arrive). That'll give me a 1150rpm spring roughly. Just wonder if they do improve smoothness etc k
kr is it just a gimmick?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
This is the other thing i was looking at, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300704168020?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any thoughts or experience if using one?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 08:56:51 AM »
The shape of the guide is, that the more linear the guide is, the smoother and faster can the accelleration be. But there will also be transfered more pressure from the torque spring onto the belt, so you will have to have a stronger engine to pull the steeper and more linear guide. :)

The ball bearing there might give less resistance and the pressure from the touque spring will be more constant, so i think its definately worth trying! ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• View Profile
Torque driver
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 10:20:24 AM »
That was my thinking too, that the ball bearings will let the spring twist better and smoother when it is compressing and opening. Ive been using a 1500rpm torque spring for a while now but im going back to a 1000rpm with slightly lighter rollers than ive been using on the 1500, that way im guessing i should get more or less the same uphill and acceleration speeds while putting a little less wear on my belt. If i fit the Nakura controller that will put my torque back up slightly to about 1150rpm but that should be fine.

Think i'll give one a go, its not expensive anyway so if it doesnt work well its no great loss. Hope i still have some wages left or i may need to wait till next month  :-\
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 04:51:18 PM »
I have been running a NCY bearing torsion controller for about a year now.  I like it...it seems to allow the cvt to shift much smoother.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()