Author Topic: Storage options for the Yager  (Read 950 times)

Ronnath

• View Profile
Storage options for the Yager
« on: May 09, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »
First off, I'm not a fan of top boxes.

My previous three bikes (Honda Reflex, Aprilia Sportcity, Yamaha Majesty) all had storage options beyond the underseat variety. They each had at least one place inside the front shield that could be called a glove-box - the majesty had two of them.

My Yager has a generous underseat area and a bag hook. That's it - nothing more.

Since i've already mentioned that a top box is not in my future, has anyone come up with a mod of some sort to add something in front of the rider where "stuff" can be placed? Things like registration/insurance papers/sunglasses.

I make somewhat regular runs to the drive-thru area at a nearby post office so a space to carry letters/netflix return envelopes and so on and would like something to hold the items.

I'm not talking much - just something to carry items such as those mentioned above.

Ronnath

• View Profile
Re: Storage options for the Yager
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
one possible partial solution is strapping a "fanny pack" on the handle bars.

It will haul what i mentioned above and still allows the handle bars to swing fully left to right and doesn't interfere with the ignition key area nor the fuel filler cap.

it's certainly not secure if left on the bike, nor is it waterproof - but will meet my temporary needs.

any other ideas out there?

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:59:49 PM »
there are some nifty storage on some of the ATV's I there, i think yamaha that we have used on others, you have to cut out a big hole in they slide in to an area where the wheel well is on an ATV, I haven't had mine apart yet to see what is behind the area in front of my legs, but  a possibility

papascootin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »
I agree with you Ronnath, not a big fan of adding a lot of weight up high on a scoot ( or bike) unless you really need the storage. For my runs to the post office the underseat storage works so far but who knows in the future.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()