Author Topic: Pricing question  (Read 1940 times)

scootyeti

• View Profile
Pricing question
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:33:45 AM »
So my bet and win (a 03) recently lost power while driving and refused to start after. At the shop they are telling me the engine compression is low and a diagnostic might cost as much as 400 bucks (yikes!!!). Since I'm leaving the country for a couple of years soon and won't get to ride it anyway I'm not inclined to throw money at it... so i was wondering if you mavens would suggest a decent price to help it move quickly. I was going to put it on sale for about 1500 before this blew up... no idea how to work it now.

thx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Pricing question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:07:37 AM »
What is the Kelly Blue book TRADE IN value? It's free on line. A trade in is almost worthless anyway so base your # on that. Go to stadium Yamaha parts, and look up the Cylinder/head/piston kit, and subtract those. DON"T tell a buyer your Liars quote of four hundred. Just give the retail parts price, and let them figure how to have them installed. Most people looking to buy a dead scoot will be doing their own work anyway.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()