Author Topic: Anybody looked to see if A50's have this carb restriction?  (Read 1184 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Anybody looked to see if A50's have this carb restriction?
« on: March 26, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »
Was looking up some stuff earlier and saw this page http://www.towingdelivery.co.uk/ScooterManual/TuningOverview.aspx

Just wondered if anyone has looked in their carb to check for this restriction? It may not apply to Kymco's or A50's? http://www.towingdelivery.co.uk/ScooterManual/CarbDeRestriction.aspx
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
Re: Anybody looked to see if A50's have this carb restriction?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:40:40 AM »
The needle position is not a restriction, something that you can change to prevent it from running lean or rich, just like the jet size. The needle diameter affects the mixture at 1/7th throttle to 2/7th throttle. The needle position affects 5/14th throttle to 6/14th throttle and the conic form of the needle affects ½ throttle - 5/7th throttle. Then from 5/7th throttle to 12/14th throttle theres a hole where the needle matters less and less and the jet size matters more and more.

0 to 2/14th throttle is the mixture screw and idle jet and 12/14th to full throttle is the jet size.

Unfortunately the needle position is not something you can change on a Kymco Agility, but you might be able to buy diffrent needles, where the diameter and conic form is diffrent, and where the position can be adjusted. :)

About the screw at the spring:
This was ealier used to prevent the needle to hit highest position, and caused the engine to be running lean on full throttle, as the needle would still cover some of the jet. This kind of restriction gave starting problems, and caused many engines to be ruined. It was only used on cheap chinese carburators and was never used on any Kymco engines. :D

Hope it helps, and the picture and information is taken from this site, which is danish: http://scootergrisen.dk/scooterhjemmeside/karburator.php

:D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:55:51 AM by baddi »
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:58:50 AM »
Cool. That saves me opening up to check then. Didnt think it applied to Kymco since i never head anyone mention it but just wanted to be sure.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »
Thats the fail about having a forum for just one scooter model: You dont get to know anything about all the other scooters on the market ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()