Author Topic: High Pressure Wash for my DT 300i  (Read 4185 times)

Syl

• View Profile
High Pressure Wash for my DT 300i
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »
I would like to use the hand held "High Pressure Wash" for my scooter but am not knowledgeable if that can be done & if certain parts have to be covered or avoided. I have no idea of covering or avoiding anything other than covering or protecting the instrument panel. Do any of you practice this wash and how does everything work after doing so? Appreciate your knowledge of this.

roboscoot

• View Profile
Re: High Pressure Wash for my DT 300i
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:51:52 AM »
i have used a power washer....but you need to be very careful.......and keep your distance from the scooter......use mostly for the wheels......and actually cover up a good part of it with water proof canvas cover.......i think though most would tell you not to use at all...and simply hand wash......

oldcoastie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:06:57 AM »
don't do it, Syl!

resist that urge! chances of getting something wet that doesn't like to be wet is too high!

(ymmv)

I tend to "dust" my bikes mostly... actually I use Meguire's Quick Detailer... the only thing I drizzle water on is the wheels (and I mean "drizzle")... there are so many little electrical connections and those connections may happily work for time immemorial if unmolested by water seeping into some little minor hairline crack in some covering that you would never ever know about if it did not get wet...

but then I don't ride much in any kind of soupy weather... and the bike is in the garage...

what kind of dirt you got on there that needs power washing?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:23:12 AM by oldcoastie »

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 07:00:36 AM »
Well, not a much type dirt other than the splashing areas, wheel wells, tires, rims and foot rest areas. I think after the input, I am not going to use the power wash...thanks. I did loof forward though to the NO Spot rinse which comes out very easily and without pressure. I am talked into the hand wash again!....thank you. Going to 68 today possibly and I do know I'm going into the garage which is open already! Maybe to work with it also this afternoon! Good thing there is a exclamation to describe our feelings!

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »
I have always washed my scooters with a pressure washer. The one we use is set to about 1000 pounds pressure. Never had an issue. Wash it, dry the seat and ride away.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »
Hey Syl, I'm 73 or is it 74,  Anyway, did you remember why you were in the garage once you got there if you remembered to go.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »
Love ya Fish... God bless you BRO!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 03:31:38 AM »
In a country where there are lots of bikes, car wash shops here cater to scoots and bikes. They use pressure washers but with the nozzle adjusted to a fine mist only depending on the dirt/mud on the scoot. It takes almost an hour to clean a scoot, a lot less than a whole car, because they wash/shampoo ever crack and corner of the scoot. After washing, compressed air is blown to get rid of excess water, wipe dry and apply protectant to those black plastics.  All for around 95 U.S. cents. Oh, there's free coffee while you wait and a free wash on your sixth visit....

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
What country is that?

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »
"It takes almost an hour to clean a scoot"

Hey Joe! Me luv u rooong time for .95

Sorry !
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »
What country is that?

Richard L.

I'm from the Philippines, fsh. Time here is slow and we savor every bit of it.

@Zombie:  I'm not kidding on taking almost 1 hour to clean a scooter. It's not a 1 step process and they use different kinds of cleaners. The reason behind this is that the car wash business is a very good business. People pamper their cars and bikes here and every wash shop have to have a promo or gimmick to lure in customers. Some have big screen tvs (watch while you wait), billiard tables, free coffee, free juice, 5+1 promo and the like, etc.   There are even portable or mobile car wash on the mall parking lots. "We wash and wax your ride while you shop".

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 03:41:17 AM »
Sorry for the bad Humor. It's the same here... There are auto "spa's" for detailing... I take several hours to detail mine, and I still miss more than I get. I just can Never pay anyone to do it cause i'm CRAZY about people messing sh** up.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 06:00:10 AM »
Yes, detailing.  There is a car wash just at every corner here and they're really cheap. They do a very good job, you don't need detailing.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 06:25:49 AM »
Nothing here is cheap. If it's cheap there is a reason. Usually a bad one.

Kymcocro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:27 AM »
I have washed my DT with high presure hundred times,and have had no any problems.Don`t have time to waste.2 minutes washing,seat drying,and go.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()