Author Topic: people s200 starting issues  (Read 2249 times)

jawolf

• you are only old when you forget how to play!
    • View Profile
people s200 starting issues
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:49:21 AM »
I've got a 200s that starts up fine the first hit but then it acts like its got a dead battery. the speedo and the clock will reset. the battery stays on a charger and reads 12.5 volts when this is going on. i have tried bypassing the starter selenoid and i still have the same results. any suggestions on where to check.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Re: people s200 starting issues
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:28:02 AM »
Have you tried it without the charger hooked up? When your clock resets it means your losing power to it.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

jawolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:56:31 AM »
I disconnect the charger before starting so that i dont kill the charger or the scooter. At this point I'm leaning to the starter selinoid. im not getting goo starter operation even when crossing the posts

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 04:19:23 AM »
Check your ground tabs. There should be an engine to frame ground (approx. 8awg), and a ground from the starter motor to the frame as well (approx. 14awg). Follow the ground from the battery to it's terminal end. That's most likely where your trouble is.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jawolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:35:16 AM »
thanks Zombie!! I gave it some thought today at work and I know how to find the fault..... a pair of jumper cables should do the trick and test the ground in both places.( bypass ground, if it works right then  I know which ground is bad)!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:47:40 AM »
TA DAAA!   
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()