Author Topic: help !!!!!!!!  (Read 2146 times)

kymcobob

• KYMCOBOB
  • new paint job
    • View Profile
help !!!!!!!!
« on: February 26, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »
i own a kymco vitality 50 2stroke i have never had a problem with it until the other day when i was coming home and it died on me it starta and idles all day long as soon as i ride it get to 20mph it dies unless i release the throttle fully then i cant touch the thottle because it dies i have cleaned the card changed the spark plug got a good fuel flow from tank got good compression please help ?????
KYMCOBOB   KYMCO VITALITY 2T   KYMCOBOB

axy

• View Profile
Re: help !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 02:49:23 PM »
i own a kymco vitality 50 2stroke i have never had a problem with it until the other day when i was coming home and it died on me it starta and idles all day long as soon as i ride it get to 20mph it dies unless i release the throttle fully then i cant touch the thottle because it dies i have cleaned the card changed the spark plug got a good fuel flow from tank got good compression please help ?????

Water in gas tank, clogged up fuel filter, clogged up secondary air filter, clogged up air filter, check all hoses for cracks, check that there is no air leak between carb and intake, check CDI, check primary coil, check that main jet is not clogged up, check that auto choke is disengaged, check also carb membrane (if your scoot has it, probably it does, they are cheap solutions for 2-strokers).

Finally, not likely, but check intake port louvers, I do not know exact term for this in English.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

kymcobob

• KYMCOBOB
  • new paint job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »
fuel filter is fine i will.check the rest now thanks

kymcobob

• KYMCOBOB
  • new paint job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »
how do i test the auto choke

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »
how do i test the auto choke

Remove it, connect it to universal measuring instrument, and its resistance should read certain value, stated in your scooter's user's manual.
Usualy 12, 16 or 18 Ohm.
However, I doubt this is the culprit. I would concentrate on clogged up stuff, lines, filters etc. from my previous post.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

kymcobob

• KYMCOBOB
  • new paint job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
the auto choke is working fine

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »
You could try a couple of short sprays of carburator cleaner directly into the intake while it is running at a high idle , just dont over do it . Good luck .

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
"Finally, not likely, but check intake port louvers, I do not know exact term for this in English."

Reed Valves
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »
Disconnect the fuel line at the carb, and run a few ounces of fuel into a clear container. Let it sit for 10 minutes, and look for water to settle in the bottom. If there is ANY cloudiness to the fuel I would still suspect water. Have you REMOVED the jets for cleaning? That is the ONLY way to clean a carb. A bad cdi can do the same thing you describe... but rarely.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

kymcobob

• KYMCOBOB
  • new paint job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »
i will check the fuel and jets tomorrow

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 06:48:55 PM »
"Finally, not likely, but check intake port louvers, I do not know exact term for this in English."

Reed Valves

E-xactly!!!!! And I knew that, but considering that I last had to replace them in 2005 on my Piaggio NRG 2stroke, I forgot the exact term. :) :) :)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »
How do you make the "winky" face...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()