Author Topic: Super 9 LC exhaust  (Read 3443 times)

Qwarantine

• View Profile
Super 9 LC exhaust
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »

I have an 07 super 9 LC and i need a part # for a performance exhaust system.  I just bought the Malossi 70cc upgrade and need the appropriate exhaust for it.  I bought a used AC Leo Vince exhaust but found it was for an AC engine and did not fit (luckily the guy gave me my money back).  Any suggestions?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Super 9 LC exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:00:26 AM »
Aeromyst is the one to ask. He comes here alot, and has his own forum also. http://www.scooterinvasion.net/forum/  There are several guys here too but I think Aero. has a bigger data base on that one. Post your question on his forum too.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »
I have an 07 super 9 LC and i need a part # for a performance exhaust system.  I just bought the Malossi 70cc upgrade and need the appropriate exhaust for it.  I bought a used AC Leo Vince exhaust but found it was for an AC engine and did not fit (luckily the guy gave me my money back).  Any suggestions?

Hey man, If it's still needed, i can look on my reciept for my rs2 pipe and see if they is a number for ya.
I run the rs2 on my s9.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »
DUUUUHHHH....  ::)
If you'll check out this link, this is the same pipe i have on mine....
Of course i don't understand about the pipe you bought. It COULDN'T have been for a A.C S9, they are the same pipe. The oem exhaust has the "air tubes" for the emission crap on the 07-08+.
Anyway here is a link to the pipe i have. The rs2 is ONE of the best pipes for the S9; Unless of course you have $400 to spend on a pipe but still have to modify it, then there is a better pipe out there.  ;D ;)

http://www.mhr-usa.com/tecnigas-performance-scooter-exhaust/rs-ii-chrome-/
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Qwarantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
If the AC and LC do indeed use the same mounts, gaskets, pipe bends, etc, then the one that i was sold must not have been for a S9.  Kinda odd though considering the guy had an AC torn apart in his shed when he sold me the pipe.  I'm going to ask the local shops in town if they have (or can order) that pipe you suggested.... The choice of scooter shops is rather limited here in Victoria, BC, Canada.

Thanks guys

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:58:36 PM »
AC and LC pipes are different.  The Leo Vince ZX for air-cooled will not fit, because the swing arm and rear brake caliper are in the way.

The stock AC and LC pipes can bolt up, but you need some spacers if using the AC pipe on the LC bike to make up for the absent swingarm... If that makes sense.

Tecnigas RSII is what people usually run on the LC Super 9.  It's not the greatest pipe to be honest, but it's not terrible either and it's definitely way better than stock. 

The Leo Vince build quality, in my opinion, is a lot better than Tecnigas.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 12:22:47 AM »
Told Ya so!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »
Tecnigas RSII is what people usually run on the LC Super 9.

..i have a new technigas Next...still in the box.....is that worth a crap?
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »
Tecnigas RSII is what people usually run on the LC Super 9.

..i have a new technigas Next...still in the box.....is that worth a crap?

Yeah, for a 50cc engine it'll do decently.  A lot of people report similar speeds between the Next, and the RS.  The RS is for 70cc engines, and the next for stock, though I've seen the Next used with Char-mo and Prima cylinders that worked pretty well.  Those Char-mo and Prima cylinders are basically re-bored stock cylinders, so the timings are lower, and the performance is barely better than stock.  The Next will help squeeze some more oomph out of those engines.

If you go for one of those cylinders ever, they are not "plug and play" - chamfer the ports and clean up the casting flaws before running it, and it'll run okay and last well enough.  Otherwise, it's likely to be problematic.

If you're not going to use it, I might be interested in a partial trade or something.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 12:10:23 PM »
..well, i'm tempted to install it,  but my s9 only has 1500kms on the engine...

..kinda more tempted to ride it like it is for a while..

..itsa beast!

;D

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()