Author Topic: Front part issues  (Read 2259 times)

LuisM

• View Profile
Front part issues
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:30:30 AM »
Hello,

I'm having an interesting issue with my Bet&Win 250.

There's a sound and a vibration when I accelerate. Specialy when the speed is above 32 mph.

It sounds like the front tire is rubbing something.. but I already took almost everything appart and couldn't find the problem. Since it only happens when I accelerate I'm thinking it could be related to the accelerator conducts... but really don't know.

I would appreciate any adavice.

Regards,

Luis M.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Front part issues
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:22:45 AM »
Look at the bushings in the engine mounts. There is alot of upward movement in these parts under accel. W/ the scoot on the center stand try to move the engine sideways, and holding the top and bottom of the rear wheel try to twist it both ways. It should NOT move on either test.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

LuisM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:12:25 AM »
Thanks bro! I´ll take a look at it...

I´m sure the chasis is fine.. but it may be something dangerous also...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 02:28:25 AM »
There are also bearings in the front axle, and steering stem to check. Front brake pad?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

NigelB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 12:55:22 AM »
Hi there. also check your muffler. The stuff inside there eventually break up and start making noises under different engine exhaust pressures. Outside everything looks fine so you might not think there is a problem. Take off the muffler and turn upside down - you will hear if anything is loose. When you put it back on the sound / vibration may very well be gone.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()