Author Topic: ..motorio 48mm kitting..  (Read 22189 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: ..motorio 48mm kitting..
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
I HATE bursting your bubble Bro! Don't you have a ZX?

...yeah well, buy cheap..get cheap sh**, huh?....

..i'm almost 100% positive itsa one-piece chunk...

..no, i don't hve a zx...i do, however, have 3 ppl jugs...

..what are you thinking??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »
Motorino has the Ruima jug I am using at a better price than Jiangwayne. That jug runs like a raped ape w/o the stroker, and needs very little tweaking. You can install it w/o going into the boost port mods, and it will preform as well or better than the Malossi. The reason is the torque from the xtra cc's. I thought the Peop. case was the same as the zx but found it is different. My thinking is if the studs are the same, and the liner fits GO RUIMA. I can/will walk you thru it, and you will have a 55-60mph peop. with more torque than you would believe. I bought Aeromyst's zx engine, and it will be here by Monday afternoon. I can measure it all out for you, and see if it will fit the jug you have now (compare the 2). Or here comes "Son of Sid"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
..okay, that'd be cool!..is that a 48mm jug?

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 03:41:08 PM »
Stud pattern on the Kymco People is the same as Super 9, cobra, etc.  It's also the same as minarelli stud pattern, though Mina cylinders will not work on Kymco cases without an 85mm rod and some cylinder mods.  

These are horizontal engines - the ZX is vertical and stud pattern is more like Peugeot, Honda, SYM, etc.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 03:46:23 PM »
..well then, I guess that answers that question..lol...

..thanx Areomyst!

;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:16:19 PM by wordslinger »

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »
You got this homey... ;)
Yeah, i'm pretty sure they aren't sleeved out but the one i was able to play with seems to still run good to this day. The only issue I had at that time was the oil pump shaft being worn out terrible so she wanted to seize up, fixed that issue and she screamed. Of course my cvt tuning is not a comparison to your work so i'm sure she may be a ble to run better.. :D
With my sorry ass tester i had 125 psi on a comp test with this same kit.(of course imma thinking my sears comp tester is around 20psi off)(seeing how i have 90 on the s9 and she CAN start 1st kick,she's rode daily and with a mina engine that i done as well)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
It's not uncommon to see 160+ on a big bore kit on Kymco.

On the People, I would recommend swapping out the cylinder bolts for studs - like the ones on Minarelli engines.  This allows you to get the head torqued down properly.  With some of the aftermarket cylinder kits for Kymco, the bolts bottom out before they make firm contact with the head...  It'll run great for a while, then you'll start going through head gaskets, and wondering why. 

Most of the iron cylinders on scooters are cast iron, but I believe they use special vacuum casting to keep bubbles and casting flaws to a minimum - then they bore and hone the cylinder.  Aluminum cylinders are usually plated.  I haven't seen any sleeved cylinders yet for scooters.  I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying that I haven't seen them.

~Josh

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »
The Ruima I am running is a sleeved Cyl. On the port work I had to get a diamond bit to cut the ports. The stone bits made short work in tunnels but could not cut the liner. I'll check the Malosi tomorrow, and post. Perhaps it is a decent jug/ with a little work. Maybe post some picts. of the ports/ tunnels to get a better idea of what is needed to clean it up. If Bats's Cyl. is working...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
The Ruima I am running is a sleeved Cyl. On the port work I had to get a diamond bit to cut the ports. The stone bits made short work in tunnels but could not cut the liner. I'll check the Malosi tomorrow, and post. Perhaps it is a decent jug/ with a little work. Maybe post some picts. of the ports/ tunnels to get a better idea of what is needed to clean it up. If Bats's Cyl. is working...

Sounds good!  Post up a photo if you can.  I'd like to check it out.  It doesn't seem to be mainstream for scooter parts manufacturers to use sleeves...  I thought about buying some small sleeves from LA SLeeve (talked to them about it last year) and start using them in ruined cylinders to fix 'em up easily. 

Cheers!

~Josh

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »
That's a GREAT idea J. In thinking about it I realized what you said about vacuum casting is correct. Caterpillar engines have always been produced this way. I'll bring the camera.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »
..thanx for all you guys input!..i had intended to assemble everything this wekend, but work came first..(don't it always seem so)..

..i got loads of pics, i'll start posting them later..

..i did run up on one small snag, the jug base ran up against a hump on the right-hand side of the case, and i had to remove some meat from the jug for proper aligment..

..didnt notice this till i was tightening the bolts, and the piston didnt want to go all the way thru its stroke...i may be back to the point of re-assembling by this evening..

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 12:19:14 AM »
The piston won't travel freely in the cylinder?  Odd.  Is the piston installed correctly, with the ring-ends facing up?  If not, the rings are likely to be catching in the exhaust port.

Pictures would be cool. :)

Keep us posted, and good luck!

~Josh

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »
Hey, I checked the Malossi, and it is a one piece casting. Surprised me. I ordered a second Ruima kit last week that should be here this week. I will double chk. that one. Your rings have a tiny letter/number on the top/up facing side. It will be right near the gap area. Usually Laser etched. Good luck Slinger. I have alot of extra bits/parts if you need anything.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »
The piston won't travel freely in the cylinder?  Odd

..yeah, i got that tho..had to grind a lil off the corner of the base...nice and free now..

..assembled and have 120psi compression with 7 kicks ...

..hopefully not going to need extra bits!!..but thanx z!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:15:28 PM by wordslinger »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 03:20:28 PM »
...so, now im jetting...put inna 40 slow jet, and starting with a 120 main, of which popular opinion says is going to be waay too rich...

..oh, btw i'm installing both a pipe and air filter...might as well go all out on my first one!!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:22:23 PM by wordslinger »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()