Author Topic: ..motorio 48mm kitting..  (Read 22191 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ..motorio 48mm kitting..
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 11:13:01 PM »
Cool!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 11:13:35 PM »
40 pages here we come...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
40 pages here we come...

:) ;D :D :o :) ;D :D :o
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 02:55:29 PM »
Hey homey, sorry i didnt get this to you last night but here is 1 source for the pb jets..  I can't believe the price jump on jets since the last time i looked.  :o When my hard drive was wiped of course i lost all my saved favs.  :'(

Oh yeah, i had used this same kit on a cobra not my zx.(i had the malossi 1st, now i'm trying a 50mm RUIMA) I was impressed myself, especially with the price they were. That was some awesome timimg too. ;) I didnt port anything with the kit i installed, had a perfect squish of .9.(only champered) The scoot runs strong still today... :D I had actually drilled out the jets on it.(THINKING i had em at 90mj,38pj)(i can build, just can't tune to well.. :D ;))
 Pilot jets
http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_keihin_N424-21_slow_26-xxx.htm

Main Jets
http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_keihin_99101-116_main_round_small_and_38-xxx.htm

These jets are for the keihin PB carbs which is on alot of the kymcos.
We will have you screaming soon and like i told you the other day, you will PARK kymmi and ride Marilyn(idk where that came from, it just popped in me head, guess i thought of the sexy monroe.  :D ::))
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 03:58:40 PM »
..welll, z-man...i don't se any good way to locate the head/cylinder assembly...

..i'll post some pics later, but there are no reference points that i can drill...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »
W/ the kit off place the head on the jug, and look thru the bottom. I used 2 wood dowels thru the stud holes to test. If your head lines up this way go ahead and drill 1/4" into the stud holes in the cyl. going down, and the head going up. http://ebay.globaldc.com/scooterparts/borekits/100ccGY6/install/bbk.html   In this link you will see some dowels used to align the cly/cases, and cly/head. Real easy BRO!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
I forgot. If it don't line up w/ wood then use the piston to align them, and mark it from there.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 04:12:13 PM »
...aahh...now i see...just open the existing bolt-holes...i thot you meant to drill new holes...

..be patient with me bro, i'm young and tender...

;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »
..got to thinking about a statement zombie made on another thread about polishing the head to reduce the possibility of carbon buildup...

..noticed that my 48mm jug's exhaust port had a very rough, cast finish...

..so i decided to rectify that happy crappy...

..it's gettin' there!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 10:59:35 PM »
..be patient with me bro, i'm young and tender... I just heard that last night!
Way to go on the polishing. No boost in Perf. BUT a great way to extend the kit life. The closer to mirror the better. Same goes for the piston dome, and Cyl. Head. Does your kit have (2) Chinese symbols on the Cly. base?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
...dunno if you can see the rough area at the cylinder port, in the second pic..

..well, that measures 63%..however, 1/8" into the exhaust port, that id drops considerable...

..should that port be opened up to the same i.d. as at the cylinder?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »
YES! In fact you should taper outward going into the flange. The reason that ridge is there is from the casting was never tapered after the Cyl. liner was pressed in. I dont think the ports are clean either. I can see a transfer port in the background that is not "square" or evenly cut. You can also see alot of casting debris in the top of the transfer tunnel. You my friend are about to enter the ~Twilight Zone~ Are there cast symbols on the Cyl. base?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »
..alrighty then...lets get out some grinding stones....

..do those port edges need to have sharper square corners?

..i dont have the cyl with me today, i'll chec for symbols when i get home..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 11:44:29 AM »
The reason that ridge is there is from the casting was never tapered after the Cyl. liner was pressed in.

..this appears to be a single machined, cast steel unit...I see no evidence of there being a sleeve..

Are there cast symbols on the Cyl. base?

there are absolutely no markings at all on the cylinder...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 02:28:24 AM »
Ok. Motorino (motori /whatever) is a resale outfit. They do not manufacture but sell others product. Great prices on many good items too. The jug you have is NOT a ruima but something else. There HAS to be a liner in it or throw it away/sell it today. Cast iron is VERY porous, and does not machine well. It could be they cast/cut/sell. I think you would be better off returning it in exchange for the Ruima which they also sell. The port roofs are CRITICAL for performance. the angle is paramount to flow. Your casting looks like a day at the beach. Cleaning it all to perfection will be like painting a dirt ball if their is no liner. It should have a machined steel liner. I HATE bursting your bubble Bro! Don't you have a ZX? Point is if the jug for the Peop. is the same bolt pattern you have alot more options.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()