Author Topic: 2004 Venox Problems  (Read 3705 times)

jrob36109

• View Profile
2004 Venox Problems
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:24:36 AM »
I am kinda new here and would like to see if anyone could help me.  I am the proud owner of a 2004 Venox and while over seas (military), I let a close friend borrow my bike so he could ride it and to keep it up.  After returning to the States, I found that he had not been riding it and it had set up for about a year.  I have been trying to get it running and have had NO luck.  The is not a cycle shop that will work on the Venox anywhere within 150 miles of here and I love this bike.  If anyone could please help me, thank you.

SteveM

• View Profile
Re: 2004 Venox Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »
Sounds like the carbs are a bit gummed up with old fuel. Try replacing the gas in the tank with fresh, add some Seafoam, charge or replace the battery and perhaps replace the spark plug.

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 03:33:11 AM »
First syphon out & add fresh gas, then pull out choke and spray starting fluid inside exhaust mufflers when you crank engine. Next check battery and see if it is getting spark, pull out plug and clip in and then hold screwdriver next to tip when you crank.  You could also try spraying the carbs with gumout inside and out once it is running & definitely change the oil and filter. Warm oil up first and use motorcycle oil-10W40 for the Venox.

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »
Caution.....
I do not understand the reason to spray starting fluid into the muffler.

It sounds like a way to start a fire external to the scooter.

I would not do this!

New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:13:26 AM »
I have a 800 V-Twin Honda Pacific Coast for  over  20 years. Every Fall I top off gas and add stabil fuel stabilizer and in the Spring I pull the choke and spray starting fluid in the exhaust and the bike fires right up. Never any damage or concern. They use this spray in cold engines manifold to start the engine because it is more combustible than gasoline.  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()