Author Topic: STARTER RELAY PEOPLE 50 2 stroke  (Read 3412 times)

DARREN

• View Profile
STARTER RELAY PEOPLE 50 2 stroke
« on: February 10, 2009, 10:59:44 AM »
Help Help HELP!!

I have a 2007 people 50 - 2 stroke and the electric start does not work!

I have been told it is the starter relay - but I cant get one from ANYWHERE!!!!!

Can anyone out there help please???

Darren   ;D

philskaggs

• View Profile
Re: STARTER RELAY PEOPLE 50 2 stroke
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »
Try kymcopartsonline.com , find your bike and then search people 50 wire harness, part # is 599, cost is $34.48. Good Luck!

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 03:48:27 PM »
Starter relays are pretty easy.  There's two wires going in from the switch, and then too posts that the battery lead connects to going from the battery to the starter motor.  If you can't find a genuine Kymco relay, you can wire in a standard relay.  They're used all over the place, not just in Chinese bikes: http://www.partsforscooters.com/Solenoid 

Have you checked the voltage on your battery?  Also, if your brake switches are bad, then it won't start either.  Easy way to check is to set on the brakes and see if the light is coming on.  There is also a fuse in the battery box you can check. 

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »
hi yes indeed you can replace the relay w/an aftermarket part. Bosch makes a 30 amp relay that is avail. at most any aout parts or electronics store. the avg. cost is around $11.00. the relay will not fit into the kymco plug, so you will have to remove their plug, and crimp or solder spade terminals onto the ends of the fact, harness. if you are handy w/ a volt meter you can easily identify the nesc. wireing posts.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

chubbyrockstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
I too am in need of an Oem Relay but for the Zx50 ...but now that you guys showed me the universal im thinking of using that, Thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()