Author Topic: does anyone know about these side by side drive train????  (Read 2918 times)

csims21

• View Profile
does anyone know about these side by side drive train????
« on: November 17, 2011, 11:06:48 PM »
im looking to buy a uxv 500 soon but not a single dealer can give me a straight up answer. Are the motor and transmission reliable on these side by sides? I know kymco used to make kawasakis smaller bikes but to me kawasaki is on the low end of quality bikes. so that does not tell me anything  

ddtoit

• View Profile
Re: does anyone know about these side by side drive train????
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
hi , you can buy the uxv 500 with a open heart, mine has done 10000km with no major issues , only drive belt failure at 5000km,
here in south africa the outrides we do are not for sussies , we play hard

its bullet proof my friend very reliable , i've done many mods to mine

regards
deon RSA

csims21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:10:18 AM »
i appreciate the response very greatly but does anyone else out there have any other information

bombman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »
Hi all i've been a dealer for about 8 years for kymco.  The UXV drive train is very very good infact the frt. + the rear diff. are arctic cats.  We sold 15 the first year of the uxv and 17 the next year and this year we are down on sales but we still got 11 of them out.  Very impressed with the overall performance , fit and finish just a solid piece.  Remember Kymco is here to stay there not a low key manufactor.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()