Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1433 times)

Pcastro

• View Profile
Help!
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »
Hello,

I don't know much about bikes but I own a 250 venox 2008. I need some help
Figuring out what happened to my bike here are the symptoms:

Parked the motorcycle and tried. To turn it off via the on/off switch but it.would not turn off, it made some strange noises. They stopped only if I turned on the bike. The horn was also suffering because the noise that came out of it was like in slow motion.

After that,  the bike decided to leave me stranded :(

Any ideas? It's been difficult finding a mechanic that can come to my house.

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 06:29:32 PM »
Do you mean the engine kill switch, or the ignition key switch?  If it is the key switch - then get a can of electrical parts cleaner and spray it into the keyswitch.  Disconnect the battery, then turn the key and spray into the crevices as you turn, then remove the key and spray into the keyhole a bit more.  Then let it dry for 20 minutes, reconnect the battery and try starting it.  If you don't want or know how to disconnect the battery - then just spray the keyswitch really good and let it air out a bit before trying to start it.  You may have just gotten some crud down into the switch causing it to short.  If you store it outside then it may be corroded and need to be replaced.

If you meant the kill switch on the handlebar - then you probably need to replace the switch.  Take it apart and look for discoloration on the contacts.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

venoxboy250

• View Profile
Re: Help!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 02:44:19 PM »
loook for any wires that came apart i also have the manual

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()