Author Topic: Just got to have one  (Read 1453 times)

docjones

• View Profile
Just got to have one
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:19:43 PM »
May of 2010 me and my GF got a pair of Agility 125s. We went everywhere on them and rode them all winter long in North Florida. Over 8000 miles in that first year. At that point we knew we were hooked and needed bigger scoots. I was lucky enough to find a 03 Honda Reflex for $700.00. Yea it needed some work but now it runs great after putting very little $$$ into it but lots of man hours. My GF rides it mostly because she is tiny and she can almost flat foot the thing. Now it's my turn. I was really leaning towards the Downtown 300i until I tried to sit on it. I'm only 5'7" with a 30 inch inseam and I was really crampped. I could never ride that thing for more than an hour or so without being misrable. Then I got on the Xciting. It fits perfect, just like the Reflex, just a little higher seat. Now if I can just get my dealer to come down another $500.00 I'll be flying around just like the rest of you happy campers. I have seen a new 09 in Virgina and was quoted $3262.00 out the door. That is more than $2300.00 less than a DW300i. For $2300.00 I'll suffer the loss of that xtra 10 or so hp. Wish me luck.
09 Agility 125

jas67

• View Profile
Re: Just got to have one
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:55:28 PM »
You could also try the People GT 300i, which is a little larger than the Downtown 300i, and has the same engine.    The price is, I think about the same as the Downtown as well.   

Of course, as you've discovered, the 300i models are new models, and are going to cost about $2k more than the 250's, because the 250's are leftovers.

Also, if you want more of a "standard" larger scooter, than a maxi like the xciting, then look for a leftover People S 250, you should be able to find one for the same price as the Xciting.

Of course, if the Xciting Xcites you, then, definitely buy it.   And, as you said, it complements the Reflex well.

BTW, great deal on the Reflex (as I'm sure you know).    I don't even need another scooter, and if I found that deal, I'd have to buy it.

2007 People S 250
2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

docjones

• View Profile
Re: Just got to have one
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
Hey jaz67.  I know the people is a fine scooter, after all it is a Kymco but I never really liked the look of that line-up. Not really sure why. As for the Dt300i, really liked the looks and I'm sure I would love the performace but it is just to small. You would think these major manufactures could do something as mynute as changing the seat for different markets. i.e. Asia, Europe, and U.S,. Just my two cents. Thanks for posting.     Tom
09 Agility 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()