Author Topic: Taking off Kymco name plates  (Read 5629 times)

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
Taking off Kymco name plates
« on: October 08, 2011, 03:07:55 AM »
   I just purchased a 2007 Black with blue metallic specks Kymco  Venox and wanted to get rid of the name Kymco so only a few would know what it is. I first took adhesive removal spray to the black vinyl on front, next used OOPS and took off name on rear seat. Covered the side plate with a chrome stick on eagle, then bought small chrome skulls for the outside mirrors and put reflective gray tape on the inside mirrors. Next I painted the small nameplate on tank black and then covered with small black vinyl sticker tape. lLasty I put reflective tape on the outside brake fill thing. In addition I did it up with chrome decals and it really looks great!  :)

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
Re: Taking off Kymco name plates
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 05:55:30 AM »
What is the small name plate on the tank? I don't think mine came with that.

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
   Under the Venox nameplate on tank is a very small Kymco. I was afraid to chip off, so I touched up with black and then covered with black decal vinyl. Thanks for your comment.

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 04:04:13 AM »
When I bought my XCiting we were having a string of 110 degree days.  The 500Ri and several other raised stickers kept peeling loose - so I finally peeled them off.  The kymco on the fairing and the XCiting on the bodywork never started peeling or I'd have peeled them off - but I'm tempted to peel them now.  All of the warning stickers and the made in Taiwan stickers all came off easier than any stickers I've ever removed.  I really don't like the raised stickers on anything, and only like stickers if they are graphics.  I'll probably use a hea gun to warm up the others and peel them off.  I don't mind that they say Kymco - I just don't like stickers...
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 01:40:49 AM »
   I just stopped in to my first bike show today in Bilford Pa. Some semi-drunk guy waved me in. I pulled up to where the band was and immediately some guy wanted to know who made it. I told him it is a Venox and told him to guess the CC's and was not telling. He said I tell you right now and read the plate where I covered the company name with a sticker which He read,  2007 "Proudly Made In America". I took this off the chrome skull 4 piece set I bought at Walmart. I walked away and started checking out all the super expensive custom Harley's.
    Next thing I see is 6 or 7 guys checking out my bike trying to figure out what it is. About 15 minutes later after someone researched online (Damn Technology) the guy goes up to the microphone and tells everyone in case you are wondering about the Venox which just pulled up a little while ago. It is made by Kymco and is from a Taiwanese company.  They made engines for Honda for many years. I got a real kick out of all the fuss. Later I shook his hand and showed all the places where I covered up the name Kymco.  If  I changed the Venox to Venom they would still be wondering! Curiosity is a funny thing....

SteveM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »
I have never owned a motorcycle that I was so ashamed of to want to remove or hide the manufacturer's name plate. Seems rather odd to me that you would make such an effort to remove all traces of the Kymco name from your Venox.  :-\

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 03:06:56 AM »
    YOU AIN'T FROM AMERICA! IT IS SORT OF PLAY FUN THING TO DO. SINCE KYMCO IS NOT REALLY KNOWN HERE IT IS FUN TO KEEP PEOPLE GUESSING. CUSTOMIZING IS KOOL AND VALUE GOES UP WHEN ALL THE HARLEY DUDES ARE CONFUSED. AS LONG AS WE ARE ON TWO WHEELS WITH THE WIND IN OUR HAIR WE ARE ONE. HERE WE WAVE TO ALL FELLOW BIKERS AND ITS LIKE PUTTING A CHEVY MOTOR IN A VINTAGE JAGUAR BODY.

SteveM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 12:21:21 PM »
No need to yell and I also ride a Harley! I don't see what living outside the USA has to do with anything either. Kymco isn't a name brand here any more than it is in the states. Whatever turns your crank... ::)

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »
   I was not yellin', just had font in Capital mode and too lazy to rewrite. This post is not a pissing contest but if you send a picture of your Venox I will sent 1 of mine, 5 to 1 Steve mine will look much cooler. I take pride in everything I own and like to be original. Customizing on the cheap works for me and It really blows my dress up. No disrespect to Canada, You live in a great country and I almost moved there. May even retire there. Enjoy the ride..... 8)

SteveM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 01:12:12 PM »
I don't own a Venox, sorry. I have a People S 125 and as I've mentioned a Harley Sportster 1200 Custom. BTW, Typing all in capital letters is the forum equivalent of shouting.

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »
 8) There is one other place to cover the name. That is on the front brake caliper. I covered it with white colored reflective diamond tape cut to fit. Is there anywhere to post a picture of my custom bike? I also put a deer whistle cone on front fender, lots of stupid deer up here. Thanks for reading...

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 05:57:33 AM »
How many km on your Venox anton?

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 04:54:14 AM »
 I have 3400 km on my bike and just bought a new oil filter , all ready for Spring. Wish I could post a picture here but not sure how to do that. Love my bike, just completed making it DUB.... :D

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 03:29:50 AM »
I'm still trying to find out what happened in Canada - because when I lived there everyone born there was from America.  Must be another NAFTA thing...
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

anton734

• Luv my Venox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 11:24:40 PM »
See my Custom 2007 Venox.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()