Author Topic: Coolant Flush?  (Read 1511 times)

ddrg

• View Profile
Coolant Flush?
« on: September 04, 2011, 06:01:16 AM »
I have 2600 miles on my 6th month old Yager, and am starting to prepare for the 3k miles coolant flush.  The manual doesn't provide any details of how to do so.  I'd appreciate any insight from those who have flushed their Yager's coolant.

Thanks...  Duncan

axy

• View Profile
Re: Coolant Flush?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:22:47 AM »
I have 2600 miles on my 6th month old Yager, and am starting to prepare for the 3k miles coolant flush.  The manual doesn't provide any details of how to do so.  I'd appreciate any insight from those who have flushed their Yager's coolant.

Thanks...  Duncan

Absolutely unneccessary.

Change coolant every 2 years and you will be good to go.

Coolant in cars is changed every 4-5 years.

Also, so called "flush" is not neccessary either. Just change it (unless "flush" = "change")

"Flushing" the system was used many years ago when cooling passages and radiator in older vehicles was prone to rusting so flushing was used to get rid of rust particles from the system thus ensuring better cooling.

I have not encountered scooters with rust problems for a decade. Probably non-rusting aluminum or similar alloys are being used so there is no such problem anymore.

I have changed coolant in my P250S this summer, after 15.000 kms/2.5 years.

Changing coolant on my P250S took the whole day because I had to tear apart the whole tupperware, so save yourself a day and spend it with your family and dog.  ;D

p.s. User manual calls for yearly changes, it is exaggerated but probably anticipated for shops to be able to charge something, in that case, if you want to be sure about warranty, it should be done in the shop and not by yourself anyway, but not at 6 month mark.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()