Author Topic: 09 Kymco Agility 125 First Impressions  (Read 1867 times)

ScooterBum

• View Profile
09 Kymco Agility 125 First Impressions
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »
 I just bought a 2009 Kymco Agility 125, from Paulson's Motorsports in Lacey, Wa., 2 weeks ago and finally brought it home yesterday! Not that the dealer had anything to do with the wait, it started snowing the day after I bought it, so I figured it was warm and dry right there.
 I did not test drive this scooter prior to buying it, nor had I even seen a Kymco product, other than on the internet.
 I was researching chinese scooters, looking to replace my stolen 2008 Yamaha Vino 125. There seemed to be alot of opinions and experiences out there by folks that both love and hate them. My Vino was built in Tiawan, it said so on the label, so I knew there were good products coming out of there.

(NOTE) >:( I had also had the "pleasure" of owning one of the early 200cc enduros that came from China, something I didn't want to repeat, considering I wanted a daily driver more than a "cute little scooter". That was absolutely the worst manufactured piece of machinery I have ever encountered in a lifetime as a mechanic. Not that engine wise there was anything wrong, it ran great! It just literally vibrated itself to an early, yet mechanic prolonged explosion seperating frame from engine, front end from back end, you get my drift, every time I rode it!  :'(*******

I had a complaint about my Vino, really, just one. Have you ever seen a carnival bear ride the little tricycle? ??? That is kind of what it felt like to ride the Vino. I "felt" way bigger than the scooter itself when riding it.  :o This really took some getting used to. :o

The Agility doesn't have this problem. I dont know if it is just the tire size alone, being 2 inches bigger than that of the the Vino, but the Agility 125 dosen't make you feel like your riding a mini bike. The seat height I know is taller, I can tell that by sitting on it, I can't put both feet flat on the ground like I could on the Vino, because I short, but there is a noticeable difference in the whole "size" of the ride feeling also. The suspension kinda feels "stiffer", but I'll give it a few miles to see if she loosens up a little.
 So far I'm pleased with my purchase, I and I got a great deal at a Local Real Dealership, that also offered Suzuki, Artic Cat, Polaris, ect. so, I know that "if" Warrentee issues arrive, I bought at a dealer who will be there when I get there, not just an empty store front with a polite "thanks for your buck" sign hanging in the window, like  happened with the enduro I bought before. ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 09:16:08 PM by ScooterBum »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()