Author Topic: Under seat storage..?  (Read 4312 times)

Joish

• View Profile
    • Joish
Under seat storage..?
« on: December 14, 2008, 11:43:02 AM »
I'm interested in purchasing one of these Super 8 50's brand new of a dealer, and I'm going for a test ride next Saturday 8)

I was wondering if there was enough space to fit 1 full faced helmet under the seat?

If not what do you guys do with your helmets when your not on the bike?

Thanks

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
Re: Under seat storage..?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 02:45:19 PM »
Givi makes a lot of nice boxes that come with universal mounting kits.   You can even fit them on the Super 9 if you're willing to drill holes in the rear spoiler/grab bar/whatever.  The Super 8 should be easy because it has a rack on the back.  When you're at the dealer, just see if your helmet fits under the seat.  If not one of these boxes may be a good option for you.  They're also easy to detach (you have to have the key to detach it), and it just leaves a thin platform on the bike, but you still keep the sporty look.  The Givi E33 is a popular choice. :)

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

yvg

• Kymco Agility 50, Kymco Super 8 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 04:23:50 PM »
I was wondering if there was enough space to fit 1 full faced helmet under the seat?

My helmet DOES NOT FIT. And this is a biggest disadvantage of Super 8. Under-seat storage is a bit too small.

Anyway, it did not stopping me from daily use of Super 8.

Yury

chubbyrockstar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:13:36 AM »
My Buddy is thinking about getting one also, the yellow & Blue model. To me it looks like about enough room under the seat for a coat and thats about it. But it's still sweet looking 8)

dsnod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »
A helment without a face shield will fit in the under seat compartment.  If you have two riders and want to leave the scooter and helmets, there are two pins to attach the helmets (vid the helmet chin strap buckle) to the underside of the seat locker and lock with the seat in the closed position.  Look to the front edge (both sides) of the seat storage compartment for these two pins.

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 12:38:40 PM »
My full-face flip up helmet dossent fit inside.
But there is 2 hooks just under the seat where you can hang you helmet if your helmet get a ring in the buckel... or whats it called.
Then you close the seat and the helmet is outside which is fine al long as it dossent rain.

I put a box on the back.
I drilled 4 holes in the metal handle thingy just above the rearlight and put the box on.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()