Author Topic: Help all you agility 125 mechanics  (Read 4017 times)

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
Help all you agility 125 mechanics
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
I have had a little trouble with my scoot. It was my mistake and i know what i did wrong now but here is my question. Is there a washer or spacer of any type that is supposed to be between the variator and the engine case. I just want to make sure there is nothing missing off my scoot. I know there is a permanent type space on made on the crank shaft right at the casing but is that is. I hope youguys understand what im asking. I got my spline on my crank shft fixed and my new variator and fan assembly is on its way but i just want to make sure it is right this time. Boy have i learn alot about these little cvt setupe. I almost fubared my scoot.

Bulldog80

• View Profile
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha Vino 125 (wife's bike)
Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
Re: Help all you agility 125 mechanics
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:09:57 AM »
yeah ive been there. Its confusing. Im looking for somebody that works on the agility 125 and know them there self. You dont totally disassemble the variator when you remove it and there are a couple parts in the picture i dont understand. Just wanted to talk with somebody that works on these alot and could tell me if im missing anything.

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 06:57:36 PM »
There are lots of videos on youtube, do a google search for changing rollers, or variator

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 04:30:11 AM »
hi mate,

washer or spacer is typical for aftermarket tuning variators.....example: malossi got it...coz im using it...

u can see that belt is in wrong position when ur twist throttle with open case.....

another way is to see where is ending screw with original variator - its gonna be same place as aftermarket...need to be....plates are the same size and belt is 30 degrees....

so if u miss washer, belt will overheat and snap....
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 11:12:59 AM »
Yeah but what im asking is if there is a spacer between the variator and the  engine caseing. I am going back with a stock variator setup right now just to be sure the thing is normal and running right and that i did no damage. I cant remember when i pulled the variator off the first time is i dropped something or if there was something like a spacer that could have slid off. I know i didnt reach in and remove a spacer so it should not have came out with my variator. I thnk the damage is from when i had the splines crossed and had to ride it home not knowing it. got pictures of the metal ramp or slide but i cant upload pics on here and im fixing to go to work so im limited on time.

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »
again,

send me pic to mail magaszag@yahoo.com, ill gona post it for u.....

there should be no washer or spacer between engine and variator....

only one washer comes before nut 17mm...
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »
thanks Mario,
 I know we had our spats but im over it just dont like to be doubted. Anyways i appreciate your help, i didnt think i was missing anything

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »
we are all here - live to ride - ....

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:54:31 PM by marioG »

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
yeah ive got the diagram. Thanks though.

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 04:47:21 AM »
mate,

its just dont looks good.....

ur hole shaft gone bad....

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 10:49:10 AM »
Nope it didnt look good but it was salavageable. Ive got it fixed where i can use my kicker washer if i wanted to but i dont think i will chance it spinning on the splines and messing it up again. I have fixed everything except trying to figure out in picture 3 why the ramp had ridden up on the crank spacer at the engine case. You can see where it eat a circle in the ramp and buggered up the crank spacer at the case. im not seeing anything that would cause it to happen other than the first time i messed with it i did cross the spline. All is fixed but does the variator ramp just ride up against the spacer in pic 3. If so i just need to smooth it up a little before i intall my new variator right?

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 09:52:28 PM »
i cant see spacer...
ramp was damaged by crank and vice versa...yes u need to smooth that surface and make it vertical.....its a bit heavy thing to do...maybe a small washer there to level that corner  and to take a heat before new variator.......
when u put it back, after few miles check it again....ramp shouldnt be that free...noise from rollers will give u a hint that theres much flopping around....

theres just to much damage to the crank.....

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »
Dude my scooter is fixed. I dont need someone to tell me i need a crank when i done fixed the dang thing. Mario i appreciate your help but i fixed the scooter. Thanks again for your help posting the picks but im really not on hear debating weather or not i need a crank. Ive already fixed it the spacer is smooth so THERE IS NOT TOO MUCH DAMAGE TO MY CRANK SHAFT! IT IS BACK TOGETHER AND RUNNING SMOOTH AS A TOP! Again thanks for your help!

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »
Man there is a spacer made on to the crank shaft. It about the size of a quarter. You can see the spacer in the 3rd picture. It just needed smoothing off . Look at the tip of the crank and follow it all the way to the case. Do you see the big shiny quarter shape spacer made on the crank right at the crank shaft seal. It doesnt move. Anyways its right now. Done taken care of it too. I dont need any more advise on the topic. If i wanted to hear new crank then i would have taken it to the dealer. Again its fixed. If i have any more issues i will post them in Scootdawg forum!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:15:41 PM by 2010Iron883 »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()