Author Topic: I need a variator and fan. what are you guys running without trouble  (Read 825 times)

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
I told yall i screwed up the very tip of my crank shaft splines. Well i went to pull the fan off and it would come back over the end very easily and i ended up having to break it to get it off. My variator is fine but im gonna go ahead and get one cause there is a scratch on the face of it . So is there a spacer or anything that goes between the variator and the engine case. I know there is a kinda built on space on the crank shaft but i just wanted to be sure that was it. Im not putting it back togetehr till its right this time. How do i know if the aftermarket variators will work. Some say they will fit and some just has a size in mm. I found a prodigy performance variator that has the teflon coated ramps for $99 shipped. Does anybody know anythiNG ABOUT THESE. I need to get out for about a hundred and if the teflon coated ones arent worth the money then im just gonna try to find a stock one. Dangit i almost screwed my scooter up!!!! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()