Author Topic: What is your Quannon top speed?  (Read 7556 times)

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
What is your Quannon top speed?
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:44:10 AM »
I got 128 km/hr on FLAT ground. You?

badjoke

• View Profile
Re: What is your Quannon top speed?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:40:28 AM »
Around 115...didn't have a chance to push it further...will try again soon.  But then again you already knew that hahahaha

thumpersnoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »
61mph

badjoke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:31:54 AM »
Tried again last night...  got up to 124.  Still had a bit of room to spare, was going slightly downhill though.

adri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 05:39:03 AM »
Around 115...didn't have a chance to push it further...will try again soon.  But then again you already knew that hahahaha

I found that it sits pretty good around 115 and won't budge, but that isn't wide open throttle. If you twist it all the way to the end she suddenly has life beyond 115. Try it?

thumpersnoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 06:38:33 PM »
do you guys take it in to the red line zone or keep under it ?

TomJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »
do you guys take it in to the red line zone or keep under it ?

Im redlining mine most all the time. I've got the 125 and it just doesnt deliver anything below 6 a 7k revs.

When i bought it my dealer said to stay out of the red as long as she isnt broken in yet. But as soon as i noticed she needs revs to deliver i shift right before the limiter kicks in ( got a real good feel for the exact moment by now ).

I think i wrote somewhere earlier that these small motors are capable of running more revs than the limiter allows without breaking anything, but hey! Even the quannon has got to meet all kinds of emission specs right!?

I've also been thinking about a bit of tuning like different damper, portflow, 150 kit but , disable or adjust limiter just so it overtakes trucks a little faster. In the end decided against it. Didn't buy it for its power so it'd be silly to spend dosh on it to receive an extra 3 maybe 4 horses tops while a trade in for a zxr250 whould be about just as expensive ;D

adri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
Don't be afraid to ride it at 10,000 RPM all day long.
KYMCO actually raised the rev limit on the Quannon 125 to 11,000 RPM (or 11.5k rpm) I believe, but not the larger Quannon, I guess as a way of getting a little more power. I wouldn't be worried about keeping it at 10k all day long, just make sure you have gas in the tank so you aren't starving her.

badjoke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 02:46:27 AM »
One more notch...got it up to 125 ... vrooom vroooom hehe

thumpersnoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
I HIT 71 MPH TODAY

nuRider

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 03:45:43 PM »
Tucked in, I hit 72 before. Let's see what this jet kit and sprocket can do...

badjoke

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
I'm interested to see how your jet kit works out... very intrigued.  I was reading about the sprocket you got too... keep us up to date!

BTW... beat my own speed... 129km/h... can't get it past that.  Thats 80mph in your imperial standards :p  hehe

Be careful when your doing this btw, the limiter and/or the fuel delivery may kick in and you get an immediate power loss... basically don't do it in traffic. 

nuRider

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »
I'll keep you guys updated, I'm trying to solve an off idle bog issue right now. Something to do with the enrichment circuit, once it gets past 2000 rpm it's fine. I'm still playing with the fuel mixture screw.

adri

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 05:55:45 AM »
Yes please keep up posted and beware of fuel delivery and rev limit @ 10K (it really should be higher).

nuRider

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 05:41:43 PM »
Well, seems like I solved the problem. As some of you may know the dealer I bought it from didn't do any prep work prior to selling it to me so I got it with gummed up jets and all that  >:( I decided to rip apart the carb one more time and spray every nook, cranny, and passage with carb cleaner. Turns out a small little passage was blocked that squirts fuel into the throttle body right as you roll on the throttle. I adjusted the idle and the fuel mixture screw and all is good now. I was able to get it up to 74 mph, which I think is pretty good for a guy my size. It is pretty windy out now, so I think I may be able to get it closer to 80 on a better day.

Btw, what rpm's do your bikes idle at when warm? Mine hovers right around 2000 rpm. Manual says 1600 +/- 100

Next and probably last mod will be a stiffer spring  ;D Then I might sell it and get a used gixxer or R6 for next summer

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()