Author Topic: People 150 Rear Tire change (HELP)  (Read 3596 times)

mnewell13

• View Profile
People 150 Rear Tire change (HELP)
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
Help, I want to do this myself, I have a new tire ready to go but having trouble removing the old one, i have a 2009 150 I removed the muffler, and right rear shock, but now it looks like i have to do more the battery pack is in the way?  the tire is totally deflated but hard enough to not just come off, has anyone tried to do this??? and succeeded??? i just can't get around the battery?

need to get it back in riding to work condition by monday!!!

mnewell13

• View Profile
Re: People 150 Rear Tire change (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 04:39:13 AM »
Well, after no help from this site, I have to say I did it.
Muffler Off, Shock off, Battery box off/Dangling, finally Tire off.
used a little bit of gasoline to seal the new tire and boom........ready to go.

Notes for next time!

#1 only the bottom part of the right shock needs to come off, DO NOT TAKE THE ENTIRE SHOCK OFF it sucks  getting it back on.
#2 once you have the tire off take it to the dealre to have the tire you bought online put on. don't wast the time doing it yourself.

I love my 150, but  that sucked.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:10:36 AM by Stig »

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I need to replace mine soon.  What brand/size tire did you get and how is it working out?  Thanks.

mnewell13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:04:51 AM »
Thought I had added this, Vee Rubber 100/80 - 16 worked fine and after 3 test driving days seems back to normal

steveduhl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:55:35 PM »
This is an old topic but it's what came up when I looked for info on changing the rear wheel.   Here goes............

People 150 rear tire change:  Remove muffler/tail pipe; remove BOTTOM bolt from both shocks (for a little more drop of the "swingarm";  remove bracket that is outboard of wheel  and inboard of the muffler; remove big bolt on axle; remove battery box and loosen the metal fixture behind it that the box bolts into (I left the battery dangling....probably shouldn't have---2 10mm bolts and 1 10mm nut---one of the bolts holds the plastic box onto the metal fixture); DON'T REMOVE ANYTHING ELSE.   Deflate tire (by removing valve core); remove spacer and wheel (there will be plenty of room to wiggle it out if you move the metal-fixture-that-holds-the-battery-box out of the way.   NO NEED TO REMOVE PLASTIC OR SHOCKS.    To replace wheel (and, really ,16" tires are relatively easy to get on and off compared to 10" and 12"), make sure you TOTALLY DEFLATE the tire so it will squeeze under the right shock.   

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 02:15:58 AM »
Might have been an old post BUT... it points out that deafening silence is usually because no one knows at that time! Also produces action and a refined procedure like you showed us! I learned on here that the muffler on a DT300i just slides off so I don't have to say bad words unplugging the O2 sensor! There should be some way to collate all these "field procedures" by model. Sorta a service manual supplement.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 04:17:53 PM »
Might have been an old post BUT... it points out that deafening silence is usually because no one knows at that time! Also produces action and a refined procedure like you showed us! I learned on here that the muffler on a DT300i just slides off so I don't have to say bad words unplugging the O2 sensor! There should be some way to collate all these "field procedures" by model. Sorta a service manual supplement.
Karl,
Good New Years morning to you.
There is one way to save and highlight servicing tips.
Please see all of the servicing tips, (Topic Sticky), found at the top of the LIKE200I pages here.
I just added another this morning, re. Clutch Judder.
Have a good one!
Stig
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 04:21:07 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »
A Happy New to you, too, Stig! You a prince!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()