Author Topic: Performance  (Read 1449 times)

tiewarrior

• View Profile
Performance
« on: July 06, 2011, 05:25:32 PM »
Hello everybody,
I’m new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself as a new Yager owner from NYC (dont hold that against me  :) ). I have a few questions and I found these items and was wondering if anybody has tried it or has any thoughts on them?

http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/search.php?Model=Dink 200&Make=KYMCO&Year=2009

and

http://www.amazon.com/EVO-Tech-Performance-REMOTE-Kymco-Yager/dp/B004VDBK1A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1309972407&sr=8-2

I’m seriously considering the EVO-Tech part (like in the next week or so). But I would probably install an air fuel gauge.

I was wondering if anyone has changed the rollers yet? if so are they standard and where could I order them from?

FYI My yager has 50miles on it and its the blue color. My other bike is a ZX10r not pratical in the city at ALL!!!

Yager200i

• View Profile
Re: Performance
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
The exhaust may improve the exhaust note and overall performance, if it lowers exhaust backpressure. I'd make sure they've done flow analysis on the muffler, and can prove that it actually improves performance. Marketing-speak will tell you what you want to hear, performance curves will tell you the truth (as long as the company does the before and after tests under the same exact conditions of air intake temperature, ambient air pressure (way back, some unscrupulous marketers would test a car in the 'before' state at a high altitude on a hot day, then test it in the 'after' state at sea level on a cool day), etc.

As for the performance chip, it's essentially making your bike run richer than normal. That's rarely a good thing, unless you're looking for out-and-out performance (and if you are, buy a bike with a bigger engine).

This scooter, if properly maintained, will hit 77 mph (although the engine's above the red-line), and will easily cruise at 65 mph. That's plenty fast for most purposes.

For your money, if you want better performance from this bike, the weakest points are the variator and the clutch, performance-wise. Putting slightly heavier roller weights in the variator should give you a better launch, and slightly weaker return springs in the clutch should give you better low-speed response.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:56:41 PM by Yager200i »

tiewarrior

• View Profile
Re: Performance
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I happy with the top end im just looking to change the rollers and variator i guess, just dont know where to find them. The exhaust I would like to change just for the look, stock is ugly. The bike it self took some getting use to but i'm ok  with it now, especally since I cant see it when im riding :).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()