Author Topic: SLIDERS OR ROLLER WIEGHTS? Which is best all around?  (Read 3181 times)

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
SLIDERS OR ROLLER WIEGHTS? Which is best all around?
« on: June 30, 2011, 03:07:10 PM »
All of you agility 125 owners what have you found on the dr pulley sliders and the roller wieghts. Or any brand for that matter. I have a 2007 agility 125 and have never done a thing to the clutch , variator , rollers, other than checking the belt thats it. Im thinking of doing a little modifying to it but i dont want to take away its dependability at all. I have ridden it 16,500 so far and its been good to me. It does do the shutter and grabs sometimes at take off but its a good dang scoot. Let me know what you guys have experienced and please dont mind mind grammer.

axy

• View Profile
Re: SLIDERS OR ROLLER WIEGHTS? Which is best all around?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
All of you agility 125 owners what have you found on the dr pulley sliders and the roller wieghts. Or any brand for that matter. I have a 2007 agility 125 and have never done a thing to the clutch , variator , rollers, other than checking the belt thats it. Im thinking of doing a little modifying to it but i dont want to take away its dependability at all. I have ridden it 16,500 so far and its been good to me. It does do the shutter and grabs sometimes at take off but its a good dang scoot. Let me know what you guys have experienced and please dont mind mind grammer.

Search the forum for "agility sliders" posts made by me, you will find plenty of information.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »
buy only original dr pulley sliders.....
dim 18x14 12g....
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 11:09:59 PM »
OK Axy, I tried to search for agility sliders, and came up with nothing conclusive! MarioG, I Know where you're coming from, my experience is that, they are expensive, but from mine and other peoples experiences, they are worth it! They give good acceleration! where you need it, I was not confident on take off, or exiting a bend, but now feel far more confident.... even overtaking slow traffic!!!!
            If you want snap on off control coming out of a bend, you need to fit sliders. No Question.
                 The only question is, what weight do you need? Depends on the power of your Scoot!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 06:46:12 AM »
OK Axy, I tried to search for agility sliders, and came up with nothing conclusive! MarioG, I Know where you're coming from, my experience is that, they are expensive, but from mine and other peoples experiences, they are worth it! They give good acceleration! where you need it, I was not confident on take off, or exiting a bend, but now feel far more confident.... even overtaking slow traffic!!!!
            If you want snap on off control coming out of a bend, you need to fit sliders. No Question.
                 The only question is, what weight do you need? Depends on the power of your Scoot!

Surprisingly :), name of the topic is Slider weights for Agility 125 and it is on the forum below this topic. :)

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=4210.msg44057#msg44057

Read this post and the whole thread and make conclusions yourself.
Pictures are on the second page.

This story about overtaking and exiting from the corner sounds strage, I have not noticed any difference in these regards between rollers and sliders.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
Ive read the topic above mine and it doesnt hit on which one is better. Im trying to get more than one persons opinion. I know people has bad experience but people also have good ones too . I just wanted to hear more than one bad experience. Im not on here to start any arguement over topics. If you dont wnat to reply or read the topic please dont answer. I just wanted to get some really good info and thanks to the guys thathave given it.

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »
im gonna try install 11g 21x17 dr pulleys and report back...

FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »
Today I have installed back sliders and have noticed that it finally hits 100 mph mark. Also, I manage to corner without tipping over every time, which happened when I had regular roller weights. I apologize for claiming that Dr. Pulley sliders cost twice the price of Kymco OEM roller weights and got stuck and worn after 500 miles. There are some people on Kymco Xciting 500 sub-forum with similar (wrong) reports.

I think Dr. Pulley is the way to go. Those who buy 1 g Dr. Pulleys will hit 200 mph mark.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »
Your'e sarcasm is great Axy ;D

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 05:07:14 AM »
hate this...
KDU engine cant be upgraded and everything else to do is play with vario....
so do not be sarcastic...

coz maybe sliders is the best way to go with multivar or without....

becouse they have bigger sliding surface, result must be silent and faster response at thorttle engage....
pure physics...
its not upgrade for more HP for that buy big bore kit...but everything beyonde 65 is daydreaming....we all know this....yeah...peace

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »
Mine beter last longer than 500. Ill be sending them back! Not saying they are beter but dr pulley did improve my scoot. I put some graphite lube in mine too. I hope this helps them not too wear but the factorys had worn so it just made since to me to buy them already flat. I just thought i would give them a shot!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()